F1 technical spec
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: F1 technical spec
(23-08-2015, 09:50 AM)spannerman Wrote: If  the F1 750cc class is in the spirit of the years past then you can gaurantee there will be some oversize big engines used, hmmm

Well Bill thats fairly straight forward for both the Yamaha and Kawasaki.
23-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Find Reply
V Twin Mechanic Offline

Threads: 4
(23-08-2015, 12:11 PM)cregnybaa Wrote: Well Bill thats fairly straight forward for both the Yamaha and Kawasaki.

People that cheat should be hit very very hard, whoever they are !
23-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
If anyone wants to win that desperately then they have some issues. The are only deceiving the person that matters - themselves.  
23-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Find Reply
Rich Offline

But in the case of the 750's, the case is not so much cheating to beat other 750's but trying to be competitive against the 1300's.
24-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Find Reply
V Twin Mechanic Offline

(24-08-2015, 11:23 AM)Rich Wrote: But in the case of the 750's, the case is not so much cheating to beat other 750's but trying to be competitive against the 1300's.

But it is still cheating !
24-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Find Reply
Rich Offline

Of course. But if it makes for better racing.....well, that's what the event is all about.
Why do you think that no bikes are stripped and verified?
As Rossi would say, "it's all about the show".
24-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

Threads: 0
(24-08-2015, 11:23 AM)Rich Wrote: But in the case of the 750's, the case is not so much cheating to beat other 750's but trying to be competitive against the 1300's.

But why would you need  to be competitive against the 1300s when the 750s are in a different class....???
24-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Find Reply
V Twin Mechanic Offline

(24-08-2015, 12:24 PM)Rich Wrote: Of course. But if it makes for better racing.....well, that's what the event is all about.
Why do you think that no bikes are stripped and verified?
As Rossi would say, "it's all about the show".

In 1984 Tony Rutter finished third in the F1 TT race on our TT1 F1 Ducati, he was beaten by two factory Honda machines. During the post race scrutineering I was asked by the scrutineer to remove the fuel tank of our Ducati so that the capacity of the tank could be verified. Whilst this was being done by the IOM weights and measures dep't I was asked to remove the front head a cylinder so that the bore and stroke could be measured, the carburetter choke size was also measured. I was then also asked to remove the rear head and cylinder, apparantly the scrutineers seemed to think that it was possible to use a large bore on the rear cylinder. All this time the first and second placed factory Honda machines were not being scrutinised I asked the chief scrutineer why and he told me that Honda had asked for them not to be touched. In fact a member of the Honda team was basicaly standing guard over them !. I asked about the appeal process and was told by a senior member of the ACU that even if I appealed my appeal would not be accepted !!

When you enter a machine for a race you sign that you have read the technical regulations for the class you are entering, and that you understand them, you also undertake to abide by those regulations. If you cheat are you commiting a fraud ??., you are also stealing from the people that you have beaten that heve not cheated. Is this fare ?.
24-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
Rich Offline

(24-08-2015, 02:58 PM)rc30alfie Wrote: But why would you need  to be competitive against the 1300s when the 750s are in a different class....???

Are they? They haven't been each year up to now.
Problem is that "in theory" they should be similar. Look at Foggy's lap record from 1992 being similar to the current lap record set by Bruce on the YZR. But that Loctite bike was a trick piece of kit and factory parts for any 750 are now thin on the ground so to get the same performance you really need more cubes.
Plus we must consider that Foggy was the last rider to hold both an outright TT lap record whilst being a reigning World Champ so he was a bit special.
As I said, I believe the Classic TT is more relevant as an attraction than any individual race. The rules (in this case anyway) are seen more like guidelines to what the organiser's want you to enter.
24-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Find Reply
Rich Offline

(24-08-2015, 03:31 PM)V Twin Mechanic Wrote: In 1984 Tony Rutter finished third in the F1 TT race on our TT1 F1 Ducati, he was beaten by two factory Honda machines. During the post race scrutineering  I was asked by the scrutineer to remove the fuel tank of our Ducati  so that the capacity of the tank could be verified. Whilst this was being done by the IOM weights and measures dep't I was asked to remove the front head a cylinder so that the bore and stroke could be measured, the carburetter choke size was also measured. I was then also asked to remove the rear head and cylinder, apparantly the scrutineers seemed to think that it was possible to use a large bore on the rear cylinder. All this time the first and second placed factory Honda machines were not being scrutinised  I asked the chief scrutineer why and he told me that Honda had asked for them not to be touched. In fact a member of the Honda team was basicaly standing guard over them !. I asked about the appeal process and was told by a senior member of the ACU that even if I appealed my appeal would not be accepted !!

When you enter a machine for a race you sign that you have read the technical regulations for the class you are entering, and that you understand them, you also undertake to abide by those regulations. If you cheat are you commiting a fraud ??., you are also stealing from the people that you have beaten that heve not cheated. Is this fare ?.

No, that isn't fair. Although there is a history of certain entrants or riders seeming to be above the law and vice versa.

24-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I dont understand why the regs for the FOM F1 need to be so in depth. Alls they need to read is...
RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG.
Thats what has happened for the last couple of years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
25-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
In the old days a yzr500 would not have met F1 rules
26-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Neither would an XR69 with a Bandit engine in it, or a Patton with a redesigned engine internals, but like BSB, its about the 'Spectical' of the event.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
26-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

Threads: 0
(26-08-2015, 11:33 AM)c iom tt Wrote: Neither would an XR69 with a Bandit engine in it, or a Patton with a redesigned engine internals, but like BSB, its about the 'Spectical' of the event.

Neither the YZR or the Paton would have been eligible for real F1 becsuse they are Grand Prix bikes. The xr69 would have been because it has road based engine. 100cc to big though!!!
26-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Find Reply