John Kennaugh R.I.P.
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
John Kennaugh R.I.P.
Absolutely gutted to hear of Johns death.
For me John was a true example of the warm and friendly Manx Man and Women that make the Isle Of Man and the TT what it is.
http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-ma...e-manxman/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
22-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
theton58 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: John Kennaugh R.I.P.
Very sad to hear this news. For me John was as much a part of the TT as Charlie Williams was as regards the radio. A lovely man who was lovely to listen to for what he said and how he said it. I'll miss him.
22-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
Moderator4
Unregistered

Never got a chance to meet John,
But like most people here,
He was a Joy to listen to on the Early morning chat show,
Greeba was looking a bit cloudy, so the days racing might not go ahead, was one of my favorites,
Along with him saying how busy it was in to the Grandstand from Ballacraine, on the various days,

John, You brought a lot of joy to people, all over the world,

Rest in Peace
22-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Promor Offline

Threads: 1
I can only echo the comments of the earlier posts. The Island has lost a true gentleman.
22-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Website Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
I knew John well, can't believe he is no longer with us, he will be missed by so many.

A proud Manx man, he would go out of his way to keep things local. I would place him in the same bracket as the late greats Peter Kneale and Geoff Cannell as being proud, passionate Manx men, not many of us left.

Proud to have known you John.
22-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Thanks for your words guys, a sad loss indeed. John was a cousin of my mum and son of my Auntie Ruby who farmed up in the Slieau Whallian area. Manx through and through, if you had to define or describe what proudly being a Manxman was all about John was it.
23-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Very sad news he was as everybody says a part of the TT he was a pleasure to listen to on the radio his memories of the past in the Isle of Man were a real delight .RIP John you were a true gentleman.
23-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Very sad to hear this news. A comforting voice in the mornings on radio TT, will be greatly missed.
24-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply
Albert Offline

Threads: 2
Some of my visitors couldn't quite see why John was on the morning talk show. They were new to the TT and I assume there were others who would have wondered the same.

It took a while for them to appreciate that the TT was more than the racers and their mechanics, far more than the organisers, and the officials and the Isle of Man Government.

They understood however the necessity of the marshals and John would tell how as youngsters they would look forward to being 14, the age you could be a marshal. John had plenty of tales to tell about his days as a marshal but his words went deeper than the stories of the races. At the same they told, for example, of growing up here and the feelings of excitement that took over the Isle of Man on the run up to the TT.

John was of course a farmer and he spoke for many of them, without whose assistance, perseverance and permissions the TT would not be what it is today (aye, farming can't just suddenly come to a halt because of some races). John also spoke for many people of the church, again, without whose help the TT would not be what it has become (how many churches around the course provide seating, toilets and teas for the races)

But most of all, and John has said this himself, he wanted to represent and perhaps be a voice as much as he could, of the ordinary Manx person. I think that was a job he did excellently.

His quietly spoken words provided wonderful perspectives of the Isle of Man TT and did so much to ensure that the ordinary person, without whose will the TT simply would not exist, did not go unnoticed.

Early morning Radio TT can never be quite the same.

God bless your good soul John.
25-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Find Reply