ISLE OF MAN STEAM PACKET COMPANY CHARITY COLLECTION SMASHES RECORD
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ISLE OF MAN STEAM PACKET COMPANY CHARITY COLLECTION SMASHES RECORD
[Image: steampackethdr.gif]

A record-breaking amount has been raised for the Manx Grand Prix Supporters’ Club thanks to donations from Isle of Man Steam Packet Company passengers.

As usual, crew members on Ben-my-Chree and Manannan conducted on-board collections on all sailings during the Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling, with hopes last year’s record-breaking total could be topped.

With counting now complete it has been confirmed the record hasn’t just been broken – it has been smashed! The total of £10,532.36 is almost £3,000 higher than collected in 2014, a wonderful celebration of the Club’s 40th anniversary.

The donations help fund the rescue helicopters, support injured riders and fund vital medical equipment during the road racing event. Over the past 40 years, the MGPSC has donated more than £750,000 to the cause and in 2015 made a £45,000 donation towards the £100,000 cost of hiring in the two helicopters required for the festival.

A cheque for the record-breaking collection total was presented to MGPSC Chairman Andrew Kneale by Ben-my-Chree and Manannan crew.

He said: ‘We are absolutely blown away by the generosity of the passengers, and so grateful to the Steam Packet Company crew members who helped organise the collections on each sailing. Without the support of the Steam Packet Company, and the time and energy of the crew members of both vessels, such an amazing amount of money would not have been collected.’

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward added:

‘The fact this year’s collections have raised such a wonderful amount shows the huge level of support there is for the MGPSC, and I’d like to thank every passenger who made a donation.

‘We’re delighted to play our part in supporting the Club’s efforts, and I’m very proud of our staff, who do such an excellent job not only getting visitors safely to and from the event, but also in organising these collections.’

For more information about the MGP Supporters’ Club and the Helicopter Fund, visit: http://www.manxgrandprix.org/MGP-Info/Supporters-Club

[Image: mgpsupportersclubbadgesmall.jpg]
19-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Website Find Reply