Safety improvements carried out at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Safety improvements carried out at Oulton Park
[Image: oultonparkmods.jpg]

Oulton Park owner MSV has carried out a programme of safety improvements over the winter, with increased run-off at Island Bend amongst changes that will be completed in time for the 2016 season.

The venue maintenance team, led by Circuit Manager Simon Bonser, braved the recent spell of wet weather to replace the current earth bank that ran along the spine between Shell Oils and Britten's corners with Armco. In addition, run-off areas at Island Bend and the Shell Oils Corner have been increased, with the gravel bed on the inside of Shell moved further back towards Island Bend, increasing the run off area available.

The work was completed on time to ensure that Oulton Park's 2016 schedule would not be disrupted.

Bonser said:

"Over this winter we have, in awful weather conditions, undertaken a large project at Island Bend, using this opportunity to significantly increase run-off. This area of the track has always been prone to flooding and we have made a considerable investment in levelling the run off areas and installing many hundreds of meters of drainage.

"We think that drivers and riders will very much appreciate these significant improvements at this exciting part of the track."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
13-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Safety improvements carried out at Oulton Park
Does this mean,prices will rise to pay for it.
PITLANE 07
18-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
RE: Safety improvements carried out at Oulton Park
it needed doing island bend is one fast corner no room for mistakes so the romoval of the bank and extending the run off area is a big improvement ,i will have to take a look for myself i only live just up the road!
22-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Find Reply