Buying TT Clothing etc
rustys Offline

Threads: 4
Buying TT Clothing etc
Hi all.
I am new to the Forum, and this will be our first time to the TT, so we are trying to gather as much info before we arrive. In regards to getting hold of TT 2016 Official Apparel, I see there is Dukes Store in Douglas, Can you purchase Apparel at the paddock? where else can you purchase? my guess the prices of apparel will be pretty much the same where ever you buy from?
Cheers Russell and Sue from NZ
24-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Buying TT Clothing etc
Yes they have dedicated shops under the grandstand at the start line, and some trade stalls on the grass behind the grandstand, you should find everything you need there.

Admission to this area is free.
24-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
Martini Man Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(24-02-2016, 11:12 PM)rustys Wrote: Hi all.
I am new to the Forum, and this will be our first time to the TT, so we are trying to gather as much info before we arrive. In regards to getting hold of TT 2016 Official Apparel, I see there is Dukes Store in Douglas, Can you purchase Apparel at the paddock? where else can you purchase? my guess the prices of apparel will be pretty much the same where ever you buy from?
Cheers Russell and Sue from NZ

You will find the prices are the same all over the island wherever you puchase your goodies....No free market here!...Lol.
PS. Bring your own transport or arrange something, and have a great time!
25-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
There is a TT merchandise store which pops up in Douglas and there is also a TT T-shirt shop on the front further towards the opposite end of the prom. Plenty of choice. Clinton Enterprises also have a large tent with plenty of team merchandise this is usually situated in the Grandstand area behind eh Hospitality suite.

Icon_biggrin

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
25-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
(25-02-2016, 10:52 AM)maybolezx12r Wrote: Clinton Enterprises also have a large tent with plenty of team merchandise this is usually situated in the Grandstand area behind eh Hospitality suite.

Icon_biggrin

Not as easy to find just mooching about - it took us a few days before we noticed it on our first trip - but worth searching for if team specific gear is your thing.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
25-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(24-02-2016, 11:44 PM)Moderator2 Wrote: Yes they have dedicated shops under the grandstand at the start line, and some trade stalls on the grass behind the grandstand, you should find everything you need there.

Admission to this area is free.

Dont be giving the DED ideas that they are giving away something for free!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
25-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
rustys Offline

Thanks everyone for the help, you have answered my questions on apparel.
We have got an unlimited transport pass for the whole time we are there, so getting around should not be a problem.

Just another question, regarding transport..... Say if we were wanting to take a bus during practise week, and watch at Ballaugh Bridge, do the buses pick you up again after practise and bring you back? (We are staying at the Douglas Rugby Club at Quarter Bridge) there must be some sort of system working.
Russell and Sue.
25-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
We were foot passengers last year and the public transport was just fantastic. If you are at Ballaugh and heading back to Douglas you will be looking for the bus that leaves from Ramsey. The bus leaves the bus station in Ramsey very soon after the road closes and will pick up at all bus stops till it reaches Lord Street Douglas.(Sea Terminal).As you can imagine these buses can be busy but they are 9 times out of 10 double decker's so there is usually plenty of room until about Union Mills or the Glenlough Campsite due to the numbers getting on. There will be a TT bus timetable on the IOM Transport website nearer the time which is also available at the Sea Terminal and at the Airport I would imagine. As you have said your staying at the Douglas Rugby Club the bus for Ramsey, Peel etc will stop very close to the entrance.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2016, 02:40 PM by Malcolm.)
26-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Find Reply
Maca944 Offline

Threads: 1
(25-02-2016, 08:47 PM)rustys Wrote: Thanks everyone for the help, you have answered my questions on apparel.
We have got an unlimited transport pass for the whole time we are there, so getting around should not be a problem.

Just another question, regarding transport..... Say if we were wanting to take a bus during practise week, and watch at Ballaugh Bridge,  do the buses pick you up again after practise and bring you back? (We are staying at the Douglas Rugby Club at Quarter Bridge) there must be some sort of system working.
Russell and Sue.

Is this the unlimited transport pass you bought or do I need something else during the TT?
https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-tra...o-explore/
26-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply
rustys Offline

Hi Maca944,

We bought our 7 day Unlimited Transport pass through "TT Breaks", not sure whether we got a good deal or not, looking at the "Go Explorer Pass" we could have saved 13GBP per ticket, so don't know what the difference is.
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2016, 10:32 PM by Malcolm.)
26-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Find Reply
rustys Offline

(26-02-2016, 10:45 AM)maybolezx12r Wrote: We were foot passengers last year and the public transport was just fantastic. If you are at Ballaugh and heading back to Douglas you will be looking for the bus that leaves from Ramsey. The bus leaves the bus station in Ramsey very soon after the road closes and will pick up at all bus stops till it reaches Lord Street Douglas.(Sea Terminal).As you can imagine these buses can be busy but they are 9 times out of 10 double decker's so there is usually plenty of room until about Union Mills or the Glenlough Campsite due to the numbers getting on. There will be a TT bus timetable on the IOM Transport website nearer the time which is also available at the Sea Terminal and at the Airport I would imagine. As you have said your staying at the Douglas Rugby Club the bus for Ramsey, Peel etc will stop very close to the entrance.

Thanks, maybolezx12r, very helpfull
26-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
............and if you're lucky you may get a deal on a 2015 Dunlop Milwaukee Yamaha T shirt like I did last year....could be collectors items soon! Icon_biggrin

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
27-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Find Reply
rustys Offline

Thanks sounds good, I race a Yamaha so will be onto that!
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2016, 10:21 AM by Malcolm.)
27-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
Big Grin  RE: Buying TT Clothing etc
https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-tra...-and-rail/

The government operate all public transport with the exception of taxis. Buy direct every time. TT is sadly a time when pirates pop up to take a slice from visitors. I have no knowledge of what you have bought so this could be a good deal - but if it isn't direct from the Gov, then potentially a middle man could take a slice. Many locals of course will tell you that the gov are in fact the biggest pirates of the lot, but that is a different story altogether Icon_biggrin

The timetables are reachable through the link however in TT and Grand Prix, there are extra services called "race specials". Additionally, the system has spare bus capacity and a radio network. If a bus leaves Ramsey and gets full by Sulby, the driver can and will radio back to depot and get an extra bus tom follow on behind. This system has its limits but generally means you're sorted.
04-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Find Reply