ILR - Tough Weekend in Kent for Courtney
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR - Tough Weekend in Kent for Courtney
[Image: ILRlogo.jpg]

It was another tough weekend for Connall Courtney on his way to picking up four more championship points, as the third round of the Hel Motostar British Championship (Standard Class) took place at Brands Hatch at the weekend.

Qualifying saw Courtney finish in 34th place, improving by half a second in the second session, but unfortunately he accidentally stalled his bike before the start of Race One on Saturday afternoon and thus was unable to start the race, leaving him bitterly disappointed.

There was no such repeat for the second race on Sunday which was held in dry conditions.

It wasn't long until the safety car was out when pole setter Tom Booth-Amos crashed out at Paddock Hill on the opening lap.

When it all got underway proper again two laps later, Connall found himself at the back of the pack and, in what was a fairly lonely race for him, he eventually finished 12th in the Standard class to bring the weekend to a close for the young Warrenpoint rider.

The next round takes place at Knockhill in five weeks time.

[Image: courtneyatbrands.jpg]

Team ILR owner/manager Ian Lougher: 

''I feel both Connall and his team-mate Nadieh progressed through the weekend on both of their machines.

Connall had to learn the Kent circuit as this year is the first time he has seen any of the UK tracks, so it's more of a daunting task for the Warrenpoint rider, but he's picking things up all the time, including the many little things from the team that make a good rider progress.

There's a bit of a break now before both riders return to action at the next round at Knockhill on June 24th-26th so everyone is looking forward to going there, let's hope there are less midges there this time, as last year Asa and Matt got eaten alive!!!!!!''

Connall Courtney: 

"Not the greatest of weekends for me at Brands Hatch. Took me a while to find my feet on the track in practice but once I did I felt good, and myself and the team made good progress right through qualifying.

Unfortunately in the first race I had to be wheeled off the grid before the warm up laps and didn't get to race.

In Race 2 I didn't get the best of starts and got caught behind some riders who, under the safety car, allowed the other riders to open a large gap over us, making it a pretty lonely 12th for me. Still progress was made, and the feeling with the bike is getting better so as always thank you to my team, my sponsors and everyone who supports me, and I am motivated and looking forward to Knockhill "

[Image: teamILRatbrands.jpg]
26-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Website Find Reply