Moorisms
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Moorisms
Apparently Bruce is finding his mojo.

Just took off one of his slip-ons at Ramsey hairpin.

Thank you Roy
Warning Level 0% since 2006
08-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Moorisms
Why is Cam Donald sitting there with Roy Moore? Did I miss a retirement there or is Cam taking off the rest of the TT?
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016, 01:37 PM by KypDurron.)
08-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Retired on second lap.
08-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Poor Cam, what a rough TT.
08-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Well Roy has started in true form at the first race of Mondays Pre-TT Classic Road Race with.

"Good morning to everybody listening round, well listening out, but we can't listen to much with the headphones on..."

That one made me turn my head and look at the computer, I must be getting 'woodsblind' to Roy speak as I haven't picked up on to many others.

The chair crash was funny.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 04:01 AM by RedlineRick. Edit Reason: double word )
09-06-2016, 04:00 AM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

The man himself getting some stick.

https://youtu.be/qEPvL5Jb5Xc
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 03:07 PM by KypDurron.)
09-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Yea seen that, goes back a ways, just noticed the 'Lava Light' in the background.   Icon_lol

The stories...

Not a Moorisms but from the other day, Roy & The marshal's ritual/situation/religious thing.

"Something that will last them the day"??

what could that possibly be, a Bottle?
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
09-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

I was puzzled by that one - I thought it was a big cake or pile of sandwiches but what do I know.........
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016, 10:35 AM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Another couple this morning that made me turn my head...

"Germans around a swimming pool".

an "the Salmon can't see where their going".

Huh
10-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Hot of the press......"clear as a whistle" Huh

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
10-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Find Reply
DaveOldham Offline

Threads: 0
Yes that "Germans" comment may be my new favourite, taking over from this corker in 2013:

"It's absolutely warm up here"
10-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

"clear as a whistle" common country saying whether it be for hearing or sight, in the IOM/UK would be common in sheep herding use.
Don't know 'bout that "herding of Cats" thou...  Icon_lol

Gets my nerve up when a local (native) here in Florida whistles or shouts out across the Swap Meet or Farmers Market parking lot at me... makes me think I'm Kev of the Australian show "Housos" when his misses yells out at him,
"What do you want WOMAN!"

The 'Pressure' was on for Roy this morning... think the mouth was working faster than the brain with the reference to a bike coming through and tire grip/noise/screeching? ummm they're running slicks right? Never heard slicks make much of a screech/loud noise... will have to have a re-listen on that one.  Icon_confused
11-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
Roy helped to avert a potential disaster today at the Post TT meeting, I was watching at Cross Fourways standing opposite him, when from his vantage point he looked back and noticed a car approaching the crossroads, just as the Superbike race was about to start!!

They must have moved the barriers away up the road and blatantly driven through, Roy shouted across to the marshals who ran up the road and managed To stop the car.

When we left the circuit we saw the occupants being dealt with by the Police, I hope they face the full weight of the law, a few minutes later, and we would have had a very serious situation!!
12-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

I should hope there is no leeway for them at all. That's unforgiveable.
12-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
(12-06-2016, 12:08 AM)warrior Wrote: Roy helped to avert a potential disaster today at the Post TT meeting, I was watching at Cross Fourways standing opposite him, when from his vantage point he looked back and noticed a car approaching the crossroads, just as the Superbike race was about to start!!

They must have moved the barriers away up the road and blatantly driven through, Roy shouted across to the marshals who ran up the road and managed To stop the car.

When we left the circuit we saw the occupants being dealt with by the Police, I hope they face the full weight of the law, a few minutes later, and we would have had a very serious situation!!

Was watching from the farmyard in the dip and heard it on the marshal's radio - something about an Alfa Romeo and barriers moved, there were a couple of stroppy looking women getting dealt with like you say by Police when races were finished .. truly beggars belief.
12-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Hope they got locked up if not why not.  Arrogant pea sized brain  idiots like that never fail to amaze me.
12-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Yea I heard Roy talking about barriers being moved but I was running the water in the sink and missed the seriousness of it.

Some more of Roy, caught a "Hammer down" & "giv'in it the berries" in Sidecar Race 2.
Roy's famous for the hammer down but has been using it less as we've been doing a hammer down count in previous years.  Icon_biggrin

"giv'in it the berries" is a very famous saying from long long ago way before Roy's commentating days.
Anyone know who was the first commentator to use that phrase?  I heard it in the archive recording days of the 70's around Mike Hailwoods return.

Dave at Glen Helen made a good one about the tree leaves doing a "Mexican Wave" as JM went through.

heh
12-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Find Reply