Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
He was talking about bits and ends on bikes and saying some people have gotten away with some stuff. Sure sounded like he was calling some cheating on people.

Anyone know what he was on about ?
10-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
SPEIRMOOR Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
Listening to the senior TT conference it seems there were a lot of allegations being thrown around
10-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
yes didnt blike what i heard in the conference

michael says his full privateer team then hutchy lets slip there both on full works engines with works technition
then hutchy says michael lodged protest saying he was running oversized pistons but michael denies it saying it was scrurineers that said it if that was the case why was hutchy not disqulified
this sport is dangerous enough without fueds starting between teams/riders
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016, 06:48 PM by scaramanga.)
10-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Find Reply
SPEIRMOOR Offline

I was surprised at the exchanges between the two of them. I would like to hear it again
10-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

go to iomtt then the press conference will be on there
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

10-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Find Reply
SPEIRMOOR Offline

Saw it again. @7:45 Hutchy is ticked off on whatever happened on Wednesday yet MD's response is with respect to the BMW's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0vcO2_iejo
10-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Don`t think it was the right place to say it, unfortunately for him the better man won and he needs to accept that. He was not that gracious in defeat last Saturday either. Such a pity but MD is just that bit better at the TT.  27 and 13 TT`s nobody has won more at that age. Correct me if I`m wrong but Joey only had 1 at 27.
10-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

i agree with the above
thats why i said i didnt like what i heard

10-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Michael is not exactly much of a gracious or calm guy either. I've seen him be plenty snippy so perhaps they just rub each other the wrong way. He's known for not acknowledging the other riders and as for saying MD is just a better rider, Hutchy beat him this week in three different races on two different bikes. Michael only managed two races on one bike.

I'd reassess who is the better rider and who just has the better machine.
10-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
nathan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
dunlop beat hutchy well in both the BIG bike races,as hutchy in the others..ya cant out it down to better machine,today he was the better rider,infact way better than the rest.broke records all over the shop..and as far as the better bike would hutchy not have had a better 600? giving all the hassle dunlop had with his,if dunlops bike had not broke in the superstock what would the out come have been??all if and buts,hutchy didnt win today because dunlop was the better man,and he deserved every single bit of it,hutchy said it himself last saturday"as soon as he could see me on the road it was all ovwer"..and same as today...hutchys set up is top notch..but ya cant take it away from the mighty mavrick today..as far as the oress conferance hutchy ruining what was a great day.same as last saturday sounded a bit twisted,but hey hes allowed be,its the biggest meeting of the year for them,and 2nd place is the first loser,also hutchy claiming dunlops camp stirred poo,WRONG..the scruiteneers brought the matter up,what ever happened that was anyones guess..anyway well done to both,savage acheivments by both this week,and both down to riding skills,to fantastic racers..roll on 2017
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2016, 10:12 PM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

weve lost 4 racers this week the sport is dangerous enough without riders starting there own personel battles

all the top guys are very good road racers they need to respect each other just like most of us fans respect all who risk there life for the sport we enjoy so much

10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
Michael the best man on track today and also the best man in the press conference. Michael really seems to come over that much better lately just confident without any bad language.
10-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

The ACU statement today sure seems to support Hutchy's comment that it was someone else, not the scrutineers, who raised a question about the pistons.
11-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I thought all the podium places bikes were stripped immediately post race for checking regardless of protest ?, i'm sure that's the mandatory procedure.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016, 01:00 PM by Alfie Noakes.)
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
OK so what did Hillier say nobody has answered that question.
11-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I heard Hillier's comment about people getting away with things they shouldn't live on the radio but didn't catch how it came up in the conversation.
11-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Any idea when Hillier made this comment, ie was it during TT chat show, pre-race/post-race interview, news report?
I can check my tapes as I have pretty much all of the RadioTT fortnight show recorded.

Between the Radio & TV Broadcasts I took it that the oversize piston protest was for a lower order rider and Michael's DQ was, first cam sprocket, then cam/valve buckets. One item that the TV Talking Heads got wrong was the DQ for slightly over sized camshaft on (they said) Bruce Ansty's bike.
I remember that it was for Hutchy's bike and it cost him a podium and may have bumped Bruce onto the podium. Being about a decade ago I think, was much discussion over in the IOMTT forum 'bout it.

I thought the comments in the press interview were very poor, Ian saying "think about it" as he may not come back to the TT till things are sorted out, Michael going on about being a privateer, buying factory 'full works engines' that 'anyone' can buy, then admits that he has a 'inside' man in the "foreign country".  Whats up with that?  Afraid to say Germany? He said Munich in earlier interviews, is this 'inside man' in some other country?
Then goes on about everyone 'giving' him everything!

sheeech I predict some PR Media lessons coming someones way.
Mab'be that's a job for the "Old Fart" when he hangs it up!

Speaking of the the old fart, what was John's return comment about the 135mph lap boast? I listened to it several times but I guess I'm missing out somewhat on the accent mab'be.

Rick
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
11-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Hillier made the statement at the end of the Senior, I believe.
11-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Gud I'll start there after today's races thanks.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
11-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

No, It's my mistake, it was before the race, when he was being asked how he thought he'd do.
11-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Find Reply