Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
(11-06-2016, 05:58 PM)KypDurron Wrote: Hillier made the statement at the end of the Senior, I believe.

I think it was pre racing on Wednesday .. 
11-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
I made this post minutes after he said it, so the statement I heard was in a pre senior interview.
12-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

Threads: 13
OK, not here to argue that bit - too much sunshine affected my memory, he defo said it live at some point so what the words were based on is what we need to find out.
12-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Hillier made more what I'd call a snipe in the Senior Pre-Race Interview that started with lets say under your breath laff/chuckle.

Not gonna quote but here it is. - few people have gotten away with a few things this week.

He did say before this, "that it's quite nice and cool". (about the weather)

About commentators remark of Ansty's DQ, on a search of the old IMOTT forum I found a post in reference to this and it was in 2008 and it cost Bruce the win with also a post relating to the same thing (camshaft) happening to Hutchy a couple of years earlier.  A search of the forum did not find a Hutchy DQ post but that is kind of understandable as I remember it got pretty heated and could of been deleted.

so I eat humble pie  (wheres the pie smiley?)
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
12-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
What gets me a bit too is MD going on about being a privateer bike when it's a factory engine supported by factory engineers.

If that's what a privateer's bike gets these days, sign me up for next year.
13-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I don't know how relevant it is in today's racing, but I was once told by an ex Team owner/sponsor from the 90's that there are only two type of competitors at the TT/domestic racing those that cheat, and the rest that lose.
I remember being a bit deflated at the time, especially when he went on to give some specific details which seemed to stand up under scrutiny.
It also seemed to hold water with the various revelations over the years with some of the biggest stars on what they had done, Steve Parish's revelation of qualifying for Barry Sheen being one of them for example.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2016, 04:02 PM by c iom tt.)
22-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
(10-06-2016, 09:58 PM)nathan Wrote: 2nd place is the first loser

Not at the TT. IMO
27-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Find Reply