Ulster GP - KEEP ER LIT 9.8.16
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ulster GP - KEEP ER LIT 9.8.16
[Image: ugphdr2016.jpg]

The 53 weeks of preparation are over and it’s now time to deliver the 2016 MCE Ulster Grand Prix to you, the thousands of race fans that are going to descend on Dundrod this week.

Everything is in place, the riders are arriving from all over the world to have fun whipping their bikes around this wonderful circuit, and who could blame them.

As you all know I am a big fan of 2 stroke racing and I have arranged a special little treat for myself. I don’t mind sharing it with the rest of you, I have asked Clive Padgett to bring his YZF 500 Yamaha over for Bruce to do a few laps, the bike Bruce has raced at the Classic TT. The bike will be on display all week in the Padgett’s awning for photographs.

If I could get the support from riders and the owners of these fantastic machines I would love to slot in a race for them at some stage in the near future as part of our Bike Week programme.

Don’t forget we have earlier road closing times than usual on Wednesday and Thursday this week, closing both days at 10am. Rider briefings are now on Tuesday, newcomers at 2pm and the regulars at 7pm.

These changes have been made to allow us to spend more time with the newcomers before they go out on track for their first Dundrod experience. We want them to enjoy it, but also to give the track the respect it deserves.

Radio MCE UGP 107:8fm will be running all week with live commentary, so bring your radio to Dundrod and you won’t miss a thing.

One final message is get to the circuit early, respect all landowners’ property and obey the Marshals, they are there for a reason. Finally, enjoy the racing!
10-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Ulster GP - KEEP ER LIT 9.8.16
BBC Coverage of the 2016 Ulster Grand Prix

[Image: ugpbbc-coverage.jpg]

[Image: ugphdr2016.jpg]
10-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Website Find Reply