Vincent
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Vincent
I have noticed just lately there are one or two 500cc vincents being raced in the classics are these basically the old comet engines or are they something else only I would have thought to get one of those up to speed would take a lot of tuning  I know surtees rode one in the late forties but that was a long time ago!
15-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Vincent
I think there are four entered - they are the creations of Patrick Godet, who is running 2 bikes. All are replicas based on the comet engine, but Patrick is running one in an Egli frame (Lancelot Unnisart) and one in a Vincent type frame (Bruno Leroy). Both are stunning bikes. I believe Cameron Donald and Horst Saiger are riding customer bikes there. Patrick has run his bikes for 3 years now and I think they have lapped in the high 90's.

Alex Sinclair has been running up the sharp end in CRMC races on one for the past couple of years, but I believe he's opted not to run his at the Island this year. They certainly have the performance of at least most of the current breed of replica Manxes and G50's, so it's good to see something else out there!

David
17-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

thanks for that and I did notice them in last years classic senior and they did go rather well, with technology these days im not surprised they can get them going quite well I suppose and yes it is nice to see another make of bike on the grid I suppose your brother will be giving the Royal Enfield a run out in the Senior this year wish him all the best for this races. Richard
17-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
A chap got in touch with me a while back, wanted to know if he could use a couple of clips from the Classic TT for a short film he was making about the Godet Vincents. The result is here - https://vimeo.com/136572027
17-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

what a brilliant film and the bikes are top notch and well put together. thanks very much Captain
18-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Find Reply