JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI READY FOR LIFT OFF AT ANNUAL ‘PARTY IN THE PARK’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI READY FOR LIFT OFF AT ANNUAL ‘PARTY IN THE PARK’
[Image: jgspeedfithdr2.jpg]

The popular Cadwell Park circuit plays host to round eight of the 2016 MCE British Superbike Championship, and following a double podium finish at Brands Hatch and a successful test at Cadwell last week, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are ready to fight for the top step of the rostrum at the annual ‘Party in the Park’.

After a challenging few rounds, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team made a welcome return to the MCE British Superbike Championship rostrum last time out at Brands Hatch. With just two rounds remaining until the Showdown begins, James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Peter Hickman will be looking to repeat that performance this weekend as the series reaches Cadwell Park.  

Cadwell Park is the most unique circuit on the calendar, featuring a fast flowing opening half of the lap before the tight and twisty Woodland section that includes the iconic Mountain, where riders launch their Superbikes into the air. All three JG Speedfit riders enjoyed a strong two day test at the Lincolnshire circuit last week, successfully working through a number of settings and parts.

James Ellison, 

“I’m excited to be going back to Cadwell! It’s been a couple of years since I last raced there, although I have ridden it a few times. The test here last week was really positive and we learnt a lot of things and had good pace. We’ve also had some ideas since then of some things to try which I think will see us take another step forward so I’m looking forward to trying them during the practice sessions.

The party in the park is one of the most fun meetings of the year and Cadwell is a brilliant circuit to ride. It’s also a circuit I have some great memories at so hopefully we can add to those this weekend! We’re just outside the Showdown but we know what we need to do so I’ll be digging deep to get back into that all-important top six.”

Still holding the lap record around Cadwell Park, Leon Haslam is looking forward to heading back 

“Cadwell is certainly a different track to what I’ve been used to the last few years, but it’s one I love and after the test there last week I’m feeling really positive. Although we were on the podium, we had a few problems at Brands but last week at the test we were able to fix them as well as work through everything I wanted to try to make some big steps forward so I’m feeling confident.

I still hold the lap record around Cadwell Park from almost ten years ago which is pretty cool and the last time I rode there I was able to get the double win so I’m looking forward to returning on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki and seeing if we can get back on the top step!”

Historically one of his most successful circuits, Peter Hickman added 

“I really like Cadwell, and it’s been one of my most successful in BSB too. I’m not entirely sure why – I’ve not ridden it any more than any other track on the calendar, but I just think it seems to suit my style very well. We had a really good test here last week, working through a lot of things and I’m feeling confident we can be challenging for the front. I actually went a second quicker than I have ever been in a test around Cadwell too, which bodes really well as I’m usually much faster when racing!

It’s a brilliant circuit, with a mix of everything, so it’s a lot of fun to ride. It’s also my local track too so there’s always plenty of support – particularly come race day on Monday!”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen concluded, 

“The annual Party in the Park at Cadwell is always a real highlight of the season, and after a successful test at the circuit last week I’m sure we’ll be in a position to be challenging for a return to the top step. We’ve made a big step forward since Brands Hatch, with all three riders again feeling confident on their ZX-10R’s. There’s only two rounds left until the Showdown begins and our aim is still to get all three riders into it!”

25-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Website Find Reply