Guy Martin’s honest answers: I’m done with the TT,
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Guy Martin’s honest answers: I’m done with the TT,
Good work mate - we finally get some posts - then someone doesn't agreed with you so you shut him down (even when hes just having a joke about all the cameras).

Ever wonder why this forum is dead?

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
20-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Well..
I have not been on here for a while, and only looked to see if there was a reaction to the announcement about Guy. There wasn't, so I posted  a reply to an old thread which kick started some life.
Prior to that, the forum looked dead to me.
However if thats how people feel, I am happy to keep my trap shut.
Maybe Malcoms input on this would be beneficial.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2017, 12:59 PM by Malcolm.)
20-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
I would like to ask all of you to refrain from engaging in making posts that have the potential to lead to on-line arguments.

If someone is not mentally mature enough to recognize that there is more than one point of view, and who is unable to entertain an idea without accepting it (talking about something does not mean that you need to subscribe to the idea), you are in the wrong Forum.

The best reply that I can recommend for people who disagree with post content (opinion), is a well-known statement, "You are right about that".

It allows you to tell them to be quiet already without agreeing with them, and letting them agree with themselves, which in their mind will be the same as you being on their side.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2017, 01:17 PM by Malcolm.)
20-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Electrajohnt Offline

Threads: 4
(20-01-2017, 01:45 PM)Malcolm Wrote: I would like to ask all of you to refrain from engaging in making posts that have the potential to lead to on-line arguments.

If someone is not mentally mature enough to recognize that there is more than one point of view, and who is unable to entertain an idea without accepting it (talking about something does not mean that you need to subscribe to the idea), you are in the wrong Forum.

The best reply that I can recommend for people who disagree with post content (opinion), is a well-known statement, "You are right about that".

It allows you to tell them to be quiet already without agreeing with them, and letting them agree with themselves, which in their mind will be the same as you being on their side.

You are right about that. Sigh!!
26-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Find Reply