Tech3 pair up the ante on day 2 of Phillip Island test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tech3 pair up the ante on day 2 of Phillip Island test
[Image: tech3blackhdr.jpg]

Jonas Folger and Johann Zarco turned up the pace today in Australia as they impressively made further leaps forward aboard their Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bikes. Jonas Folger turned heads once again by finishing in 7th and as the fastest rookie after powering to a time that left him 0.339 back from third, having cut 0.914 from his quickest lap yesterday. Whilst Johann Zarco also improved by almost a second as he tirelessly rode the iconic circuit before setting a personal best that put him just 0.206 adrift of the multi World Champion Valentino Rossi. The final day of testing will commence tomorrow at 09:45 local time and both riders will seek to conclude the penultimate pre season test positively.

Jonas Folger - Position: 7th Time : 1'29.664 Laps: 65 

"The Tech3 guys and I achieved a good amount today and overall I am very happy. We tried a lot of settings as well as tyres, but we mainly focused on different riding positions on both bikes. After completing some distance on the altered version, we figured out that the original one that we had been using was better so we reverted back to it. We made a big step forward today especially with regards to me feeling more confident at this track, which is vital because of all the fast corners. My rhythm was also quite positive so overall I am really happy and it was a very successful day. I am looking forward to getting back on the Yamaha tomorrow and I’m sure that we can continue from where we stopped, and do a great job."

Johann Zarco - Position: 11th Time: 1'29.880 Laps: 88 

"The second day in Australia was good and I will leave the track smiling. The conditions were even better today as there was less wind so it was more comfortable and enjoyable to ride the bike. I completed a lot of distance in order to continue getting used to this track on a MotoGP bike and I’m progressing but there are a few corners that I need to understand more and gain confidence with. Anyway, the day started well and we tested some tyres for Michelin, which was positive, as I was able to lap consistently and at a solid pace, plus it was good to give them feedback. In the end, I produced a time that was under the 1’30 mark, which I am pleased about so I will sleep well tonight and then try my best to improve again tomorrow."

[Image: zarcoday2atPI.jpg]

16-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply