Mylchreest’s 60+ Years Association to Continue!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mylchreest’s 60+ Years Association to Continue!
[Image: s100hdr2017.jpg]

Southern 100 Racing is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with the Mylchreests Group for the supply of the official cars for
the Blackford’s Pre-TT Classic Road Races; the Radcliffe’s Post-TT Road Races and the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Southern 100 International Road Races held on the Billown Course annually.

Race Secretary, George Peach explained: 

‘The club is delighted that we have reached this agreement with the Mylchreests Group for them to continue to provide the official course cars at Billown for the foreseeable future.

‘We have had a ‘gentleman's agreement’ for the supply of one of our course cars, with David Mylchreest for a number of years, but felt the arrangement should be formalised now that Mylchreests have offered to provide all of the course cars, and bring the agreement into today’s business practice.’

George continued: 

‘Mylchreests have been providing a number of the course cars for the races at Billown ever since the first ever races held in July 1955, with David’s father Brian Mylchreest closing and opening the roads, and we look forward to David and his son James carrying out the same duties during 2017 and for many more years to come.

[Image: mylchreestatS100MG.jpg]
Brian & Doreen Mylchreest (MG Magnette)
Opening the roads at the end of the First Southern 100 in 1955
(Southern 100 Archive)

Managing Director of Mylchreests, David Mylchreest confirmed the latest agreement saying: 

‘My father drove his own MG Magnette around Billown back in 1955 (with my mother as passenger!) at the first Southern 100 meeting and continued as official driver until 1963 when he took over as one of the judges until 1977.

‘We have provided official cars for many of the Southern 100 meetings over the years, and I started as an official driver in 1999, with my son James joining the team in 2015.

David continued: 

‘Mylchreests and Southern 100 Racing have enjoyed a successful relationship, as befits ‘the friendly races’ over many years and we both felt that it was time to place the agreement on a more permanent basis for our mutual advantage and I am delighted that we have been able to do this.

‘We have been proud to provide Southern 100 Racing with official cars , and James and I look forward to providing great cars from Jaguar, Land Rover and Vauxhall (and another manufacturer yet to be confirmed!) for many more years.”

[Image: mylchreestsatS100-2016.jpg]
David Mylchreest (Jaguar)
On duty during the 2016 Southern 100
(Tracey Killer)

20-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply