Dunlop racing dynasty's Michael to release thrilling story from fast lane
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dunlop racing dynasty's Michael to release thrilling story from fast lane
[Image: mickydbookpromo.jpg]

Road racing legend Michael Dunlop will release his autobiography in May.

The 13-time Isle of Man TT winner will reveal what lies behind his unique story and unmatched success on the racing circuit.

For the first time, the 27-year-old talks in depth about his family story, how he got involved in 'the family business' and how he manages to keep getting back on his bike despite knowing the deadly risks he encounters every time he crosses the start line.

The motorsport champion said he is now ready to tell his story, which is expected to include details about his late father Robert Dunlop and late uncle Joey Dunlop.

World champion Joey, who won 26 races in his career, died in Estonia in 2000, when he lost control of his bike during a race.

Eight years later Robert died during a practice session at the North West 200.

Michael, along with his brother William, has been racing since his teens and made his debut at the Isle of Man TT in 2007.

Speaking about the book, the Ballymoney man said:

"I've been asked by a number of publishers in the past few years to write a book and I've always held back.

"To me, there's no point in talking about anything other than winning.

"But with the success comes the difficult times and every obstacle is a part of my journey to the top step.

"In a sport often defined by controversy, I don't risk my life to race, I risk my life to win.

"I'm now pleased to have everything in place and to have the right team behind me - it's time to tell my story."

Clare Tillyer, who is the publisher of Michael O'Mara Books, acquired the world rights to the book from David Riding at MBA Literary Agents Ltd. The book, entitled Road Racer: It's In My Blood, is to be published on May 4, priced at £20.

"Watching Michael race leaves you on the very edge of your seat, holding your breath until the final lap is finished and I have no doubt his autobiography will be exactly the same," Ms Tillyer said.

"His passion, determination and hunger to ride to the very limits of what's possible is something that inspires and enthrals his fans, while making us all wonder just how he finds the nerve to keep doing it.

"As part of racing royalty, Michael's is a very unique story that provides a depth to his racing career that is simply unmatched,"
she added.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Cate McCurry
21-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply