Covered grandstand at Hilberry
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Covered grandstand at Hilberry
Apologies if this had been mentioned before, but i;ve just noticed that tickets are on sale for a covered grandstand at Hilberry. £30 on Senior & Superbike days, £25 other race days. Through the official site but run by 'Duke Logistics' apparently.
Not available for Senior day, are they sold out already?
19-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Huuschtert Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Covered grandstand at Hilberry
Just noticed the same thing. I read a couple of weeks ago that the old grandstand has been removed. It seems like it's already fully booked for Senior race day. Are there anywhere pictures of the new grandstand available here on the forum?
20-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
Jonesthebike Offline

Threads: 3
Why would they want a cover on it? To keep the rain or sun off the paying public or the corporate lot? Me I will not be paying anything near the £25-£30 to go in it ! I camp not far from hillberry so can watch from inside of course for free.
20-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
I also camp near to hillberry and spectate here and at various spots around the course, I prefer it in the hedgerows than crammed into a sardine can type seating areas and even more so for the fee charged. The old stand that stood for many years was adequate for purpose but there seems to be a change of visitor/fan at the IOM that will be queuing up holding folding at no expense for such a facility.
23-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
10 years ago they would never have got peaple to pay that type of money to sit in the grandstand. But I'm happy for peaple to go to there and the likes of the creg. The fun of the tt for me is finding the little out the way places to watch from. There a great guy that lives in one of the Greba castle houses. he let's you sit in the old tennis courts.  Great spot. He even gets out a load of chairs
23-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Find Reply