APRILIA READY FOR THE 2017 MOTOGP OPENER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
APRILIA READY FOR THE 2017 MOTOGP OPENER
[Image: gresiniracinglogo.jpg]

THE NEW 2017 RS-GP HAS GROWN

ALBESIANO: “A VERY POSITIVE WINTER, AWARE OF OUR POTENTIAL”

The official start of the 2017 MotoGP World Championship is just a few hours away now, under the floodlights of the Losail track in Qatar. A new season for Aprilia, with renewed motivation and above all new and important ambitions fuelled by a positive trend as the season approaches. In fact, in the winter tests, the progress of the new 2017 RS-GP was tangible. The changes planned in anticipation of the new season provided positive results and allowed an important step to be taken in terms of project development which translates into better performance for the Italian bike.

The Aprilia Racing Team Gresini is therefore ready for the new challenge. In the latest tests, right here on the Losail track, Aleix Espargaró was in grand form, able to get close to the respectable areas of the standing, fast on his flying lap and consistent with the bike on used tyres. The Spanish rider, in his first race with Aprilia, made no secret of the good feeling that was established from the very first laps astride the RS-GP and with the team that supports him.

Sam Lowes, a true rookie in the category, tackled the winter preparation period with the right does of patience, focusing on his sensations in the saddle and the riding style that the RS-GP demands. His progress has been consistent and, just in the final phases of the Qatar test (where he was on an upward trend throughout the three days), the English rookie and his team found the right basic setting to make them optimistic about the first race.

ALEIX ESPARGARO'

“The season is finally beginning. We have prepared well for this first race. We made a lot of changes and that kept us busy throughout all the tests. I am pleased with the level we have reached. Here in Qatar I was fast in all conditions and I have a good feeling in the saddle. We need to continue working. There are some aspects where we can still improve. We will take advantage of the practice sessions to prepare as best as possible for the 22 laps on Sunday."

[Image: samlowesatqatar.jpg]

SAM LOWES 

“I'm happy to be starting this season. Both the team and I prepared well over the winter, planning the approach to the new category in the right way. As I have said before, I like the Losail circuit and I'm confident that I will be able to improve my times compared to the last tests straight away. I want to thank everyone for their support. Now all that's left is to get out on the track.”

ROMANO ALBESIANO - APRILIA RACING MANAGER 

“We are leaving for this first race confident and aware of our level. Pre-season preparation was very good. We were able to improve the RS-GP from various points of view and the tests confirmed our intuitions. The bike has proven to be well balanced, allowing the riders to be fast both on new tyres and in terms of race pace. We need to fine-tune a few details before the race, especially trying to find more grip in acceleration, but I am satisfied with the technical base we are starting from in Qatar.”

FAUSTO GRESINI - TEAM MANAGER

"The first GP of a new season is always rather special. We are starting the year pumped up and motivated. Our project has grown well over the winter. Aprilia has brought a lot of new changes to the track. The work on development was important and the results of the tests were a positive morale booster for the team. This is the moment of truth. We are well aware of our potential and anxious to get down to business."

22-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Website Find Reply