Improvements and confidence for John on day two at Losail
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Improvements and confidence for John on day two at Losail
[Image: johnmcpheeqatarday2.jpg]

With only one session under the floodlights on Friday at the Qatar GP, British Talent Team rider John McPhee made the track time count in Free Practice 3 to put in a huge improvement on Thursday.

Ending FP3 in P10, John did a best of 2:07.545 on lap 13 of 14 – his fastest lap of the weekend so far. On combined timesheets, the Brit is now thirteenth going into qualifying.

QP gets underway on Saturday as Moto3™ lead the lineup once again, with the session set for 18:00 local time (GMT +3) and the Scotsman looking to unleash some saved tyres.

John McPhee – 2:07.545: 

“I’m happy with how today went, especially after yesterday when we struggled a bit. Thanks to HRC because they reacted really quickly and the issues we had yesterday were solved today. That helped massively, I went quicker on my own – and with the hard rear tyre – which gives me good confidence going into tomorrow. At the end of the session we didn’t really have so many good tyres to throw at the job and see what our real lap time is but we’ve got a couple of sets saved up for tomorrow’s session. I’m feeling strong for the rest of the weekend.”

[Image: johnmcpheelogo.jpg]
25-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Website Find Reply