Pata Yamaha Arrives in Aragon to Kick-off WorldSBK European Campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pata Yamaha Arrives in Aragon to Kick-off WorldSBK European Campaign
[Image: patayamahalogo2.jpg]

After a promising start to the 2017 season overseas with two rounds played out in Australia and Thailand, the Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team returns to action in Europe this week. Riders Alex Lowes and Michael van der Mark will mount up on their YZF-R1s on Friday morning for the round three of the 2017 FIM Superbike World Championship at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain.

Having shown strong promise in the opening two rounds and clearly demonstrated the revised WorldSBK spec YZF-R1s' ability to run with the front pack, both Lowes and van der Mark are keen to hit the track and get their European campaign underway. Even more impatient to begin are the Pata Yamaha Official STK1000 Team riders, Florian Marino and Roberto Tamburini. Aragon marks the first round of the 2017 Superstock 1000 Cup, and both Marino and Tamburini are looking to make their mark from the outset.

The GRT Yamaha Official WorldSSP Team arrives in Aragon in confident mood having proved already that the all-new Yamaha YZF-R6 is the bike to beat with strong performances and a race win in the opening two rounds. Riders Federico Caricasulo and Lucas Mahias are keen to get moving on Friday morning and continue their form.

Situated just a stone's throw from the historic street-racing area of Alcaniz, and just 100km from the region’s capital of Zaragoza, Motorland Aragon is an impressive motorsports destination. Opened in 2009, the Herman Tilke designed circuit has multiple configurations, with the WorldSBK round running the 5,077km layout with a challenging 17 corners to master.

The Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK team will hit the track on Friday morning for the first practice session at 09:45hrs, with Saturday and Sunday's races at 13:00hrs CET.

[Image: alexlowesprearagon.jpg]

Alex Lowes - 4th, 49 points 

"I'm really looking forward to getting back on my R1 and kick-starting the European season. Aragon is a track I really enjoy, and I believe we can continue our good start to the season there. My goal is no less than to be challenging for the podiums now, I am confident that if the Pata Yamaha team and I do our job in the Friday practices then we have a good chance to be there!"

Michael van der Mark - 8th, 27 points

"I'm really looking forward to this weekend in Aragon, it will be quite interesting to see the progress we have made here with the R1 since the first test I made in Aragon in the winter. After the good race one performance in Thailand I'm sure we will be quick to make a good set up for this race and be ready for some great results!"
29-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply