John McGuinness came off his bike and was taken to hospital.
lhiggins Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Smile  RE: John McGuinness came off his bike and was taken to hospital.
gary johnson is a great shout toprider  also what about phill mc callen
15-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
RE: John McGuinness came off his bike and was taken to hospital.
(15-05-2017, 07:11 PM)lhiggins Wrote: gary johnson is a great shout toprider  also what about phill mc callen

What Gary "I would have mentally destroyed Guy Martin" Johnson? I reckon their might be a few issues there still. And as for Mr McCallen: well perhaps he & Guy could resurrect their 'Wallace & Gromit' routine & have a leisurely run-out in the sidecars?! :-D
15-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

Threads: 13
I think you'd need to skin a gorilla to get leathers that fit Phil's more comfy figure these days, I have no doubt he'd put a reasonable lap in though.
16-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
Such bad luck for JM130. As soon as Honda withdrew Guy it was clear there was an issue with the bike. I did hear on the commentary that the ECU was destroyed so they were struggling g to recover data. Not like Honda to have such serious issues.

Not sure why some are giving Guy a hard time. The TT is a different event and, assuming no serious safety issues, they have a week of practic to go yet.
16-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
According to MCN, John told the Honda bods that his engine didn't shut off when he rolled the throttle at Primrose Hill.
17-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
This is terrible news. We all know JM's a great rider, but he's also a great ambassador for the sport as a whole. Get well soon John.

As for a (hopefully temporary) replacement, I'd employ Michael Rutter, an ex-Honda rider and TT winner and still rapid around the TT course. He's also a great ambassador for the sport.

What worries me most about the recent Fireblade SP2 events is the uncertainty surrounding the machine's behaviour. I really hope they can get it sorted as it's bad news for both Honda and the TT if they can't. Honda are already struggling with the F1 engine they've supplied to McClaren, the last thing they need is more bad publicity.
17-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

After seeing Guy's crash i'll stand by my thinking that the big nasty Fireblade issue is transmission based.
04-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
Agree, it was as if the chain came off, a lot of clunking and then the back wheel locked and chucked the rear end up in the air.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM by DBD 34.)
04-06-2017, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Report on the island is that he hit the kirb
05-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Find Reply
Owl Man Offline

Threads: 1
I think Guy mentioned trying to use the kerb/pavement and wall as a burm to try and slow down, hitting the kerb was after hitting false neautral. Never seen him so shuck up even after his big off at the Ulster. Very lucky chap
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2017, 02:57 PM by Malcolm.)
05-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Online
Administrator

I dealt with a couple of seizures on my TZ, one was a proper good old fashioned crowd/marshal scatterer at Greeba Bridge before I got hold of the clutch, there's a specific part in Guy's crash footage just before he comes off where the forks/bars seem to wobble then get back in line - that's the very same actions movement etc and reactions involved when you feel it locking up as the back wheel comes round on you but then hopefully hopefully the situation gets marginally better when the clutch is grabbed and the wheels get back in line.
05-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I see Honda have just released a statement to say the cause of Johns crash was the auto blip 'bliping' when it should not have done.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
26-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Find Reply