Honda???
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
Honda???
I have just had a look round t'internet and can't find much info of what they are up to, no announcements, no reports of them actually doing the Castle Combe test they announced (saw the Padgetts team was out there) and I can't see their truck on any of the paddock photos (but they are not very clear) - Stroller is AWOL giving it large in Malta so we haven't had a proper TT build up this year but there's not even been any tweets of the trucks getting on the ferry or anything .  Has anyone seen them and have I missed something ???
I take it that if they wanted to run Mcpints bikes at this stage they would have to use someone who has an entry and get permission for him to swap bikes. I've looked at the top 20 seeds and the only likely suspect might be Gaz Johnston if he hasn't got to grips with his privately entered Suzuki, someone asked the question on his facebook but it was'nt answered. Everyone else appears pretty settled.

Theres also not much about GM notwithstanding he doesn't appear to have a mountain licence he is still listed for the Mugen parade with Bruce standing in for McPint so he'll have someone to follow.

Anyone know anything?
26-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Honda???
There is no way Honda will put Gary Johnson on the Honda with GM as a team mate, although at this late stage, nothing would surprise me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
26-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Find Reply

Yeh, I thought that was v.v.unlikely but all the others are pretty settled with decent bikes/teams and I'm not sure Guy is even racing anyway.
 I've never been convinced that Guy was ever really hired for results on a new, slightly challenged bike, rather than for the publicity and realising that even without the injury JM130 was presumably going to start practising his trowel work over the next few years there are at least 6 younger/newer riders who I would have brought on in a number 2 bike. Ironically he said he only signed because he didn't have to do any PR!

Honda appear to have got themselves in a bit of a spot, its going to be interesting what happens as long safety comes first
26-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Find Reply

Road Race News just reported that Honda are only running Guy, obviously I must have- missed him qualifying for a mountain course licence or, 2 the mountain course licence was never about safety or, 3 marketing and publicity have been allowed to outweigh safety,  presumably the ACU will make an announcement before Monday as to which one of the above applies, yeh right
27-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

It is going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.
To be honest, I did not think that they would have run GM on his own.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
27-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

I think it sucks for Guy to be caught up in all this controversy & machine problems, he obviously would have liked a quieter return to the TT without it all, ( & to have had John Mc. as his team mate as well ). But like brexit the decision has been made & its no good banging on about it, whatever his result hopefully like everyone else he will have a good safe ride.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
27-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i wouldnt be surprised to see the old honda out
or a the new 1 with a few parts from the old 1
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
28-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 398
or, perhaps, the old one will have a few parts from the new one?
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2017, 07:54 PM by Malcolm.)
28-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Website Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
(27-05-2017, 04:11 PM)badlyoverdrawnboy Wrote: Road Race News just reported that Honda are only running Guy, obviously I must have- missed him qualifying for a mountain course licence or, 2 the mountain course licence was never about safety or, 3 marketing and publicity have been allowed to outweigh safety,  presumably the ACU will make an announcement before Monday as to which one of the above applies, yeh right

It is not unheard of for the ACU to grant a dispensation for a Mountain Course Licence if you have some experience and conditions are beyond your control.  I broke my arm, back, ribs and toes early last year and couldn't get a 2nd meeting in before the end of June.  However I was granted a MCL as I had completed a few more meetings before the CTT.  I doubt they'd do it for a newcomer though.
29-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Find Reply