Statement on Behalf of the ACU Events Ltd
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Statement on Behalf of the ACU Events Ltd
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Jochem van den Hoek, 28, from Werkendam in Holland, was killed this morning during the Superstock race at the Isle of Man TT Races.

Jochem had an accident at the 11th Milestone on the 1st lap of the race and was treated at the scene.

Jochem made his TT mountain course debut last year recording a 44th placed finish in his debut race, the Superbike TT as well as 34th placed finish in the Superstock race in the same year and a 36th place in the 2016 Senior TT.  He finished in 27th place in this year’s Superbike race on Sunday 4th June, his highest placed finish, winning a bronze replica.

ACU Events Ltd wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Jochem’s family and friends.

[Image: JochemvandenHoek.jpg]

On behalf of everyone who uses TTwebsite.com, I take the opportunity to extend out deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Jochem.

R.I.P. Jochem
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017, 04:37 PM by Malcolm.)
07-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Statement on Behalf of the ACU Events Ltd
Indeed .. thoughts and best rgds for all involved.
07-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
RIP Jochem. Condolences to all involved.
07-06-2017, 11:17 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I was at the 11th when this happened, and was horrible thing to witness.
I have to say a HUGE shout out to all the marshalls, TM No2 Jim Hunter, AIRMed, and a nurse who was spectating.
They NEVER gave up on Jochem, and did everything the could and more, for far longer than most would do. All done professionally,and with dignity.
If Jochem could have been saved with willpower that day, it would have been a different outcome, but it was not to be.
rip mate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
21-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Find Reply