Marshalls bikes
mattdebbie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
Marshalls bikes
NMorning all
Well , back from another week of weird weather and top racing but, i have a question ,
What happens with the bikes the marshalls ride , are they parked up untill next year ?
12-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Marshalls bikes
I guess the arrangements may have changed over time, but I know in the past the bikes have been loaned by a local dealer, presumably with funding from the sponsoring manufacturer, and after the event they've gone back to the dealer for sale. Then new bikes next year.
Is there an official Honda dealer on the island these days? I'm not sure where this year's Fireblades would have ended up.
14-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
Back in the day they were sold via a dealer after the Manx, I think I remember Bill Smiths or Padgetts selling some years ago, a friend of mine thought about buying one once and we spent a few pints trying to decide whether it was a good idea given the extended 'running in' regime they had been subjected to. Obviously the manufacturer will want to move them on so they will be fed into the system at some point.
14-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I wish I had bought one of the Castrol Honda RC45s when they came up cheap all those years ago!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
26-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Find Reply