CRUTCHLOW BOOSTED BY NEW CONTRACT AT ASSEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW BOOSTED BY NEW CONTRACT AT ASSEN
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow has arrived at Assen in high spirits after agreeing a new contract to remain with the LCR Honda team, but is targeting an improved result after a disappointing couple of rounds in the MotoGP World Championship. Following an encouraging start to the season, the Briton was left frustrated after collecting just five points from the last two races in Mugello and Barcelona where a combination of bad luck and bike issues hampered his progress.

However, the 31-year-old is looking to put that behind him this weekend at one of the most iconic venues on the calendar. He will attempt to do so with the added confidence of having signed a new two-year factory Honda deal that sees him contracted directly to HRC until the end of the 2019 season.

Crutchlow will continue to represent the Japanese manufacturer while racing for Lucio Cecchinello’s team with whom he has been since the start of the 2015 campaign. The Briton expressed his delight at the opportunity to extend his stay with LCR and is looking to celebrate by securing a positive result at a circuit where he has not finished outside the top 10 since 2011. 

[Image: crutclowassencontract.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow

“Obviously I’m really pleased with the support we’ve always got from Honda. I’ve had three years here now (with LCR) so I might as well make it two more! This is my longest time in any team, I’m really happy and HRC have made me a fantastic contract. I have to thank LCR for putting the team together and getting us to race week in and week out – Lucio does a great job and I’m really looking forward to the next two seasons".

“The support we get from HRC is already very good, our bike is competitive enough and I’m pleased with the way it’s gone so far. Of course having a direct contract with a manufacturer makes things different in your personal life; but here at the track, being at a satellite team with a factory contract, I don’t think it changes too much and it doesn’t change anything for me as I always give 100 percent".

“I’m really looking forward to this weekend. I love this place (Assen), it’s a great track, although I’ve always said I’m really disappointed I didn’t get to ride the old track here – everyone told me it was spectacular and I think it was a year before I started the World Championship. We always have a great crowd here, a lot of UK fans come over as it’s close to home and I’ll try and put on a show for them. The goal is always to win, but I’d be happy to come away with a top-five.”

23-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Website Find Reply