James Hillier goes back to the future with Oxford Team Ducati
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
James Hillier goes back to the future with Oxford Team Ducati
[Image: classicTTredbanner.jpg]

Oxford Products and Celeres Racing are proud to announce that James Hillier will be campaigning their Ducati 888 in the Motorsport Merchandise Superbike Classic TT Race at this year’s Classic TT presented by Bennetts meeting on the Isle of Man.

Fresh from another successful TT campaign, where he secured a 2nd and two 4th places on the 37.73 mile Mountain Circuit, Hillier remains the 5th fastest rider in TT history. He will be riding the Celeres Racing Ducati 888 that celebrates the 25th anniversary of Oxford’s last TT campaign. To fully authenticate this replica the bike, with the support of Oxford Products, has been painted in classic 1992/3 Oxford livery, as used by Trevor Nation, Robert Dunlop and Mark Farmer.

The Ducati 888 was built last year by Stafford Evans of Celeres Racing to compete in the 2016 Superbike F1 Classic TT race. Wearing Ducati red, Dave Hewson rode the bike to 11th place, with a best lap of 115.769mph.  Modifications were made to an original 1991 road frame and an abundance of carbon fibre parts were fitted to replicate the original machine.  

Hillier will run race number 5 in 2017, the same number as Trevor Nation did 25 years ago and he will also wear replica leathers for the event. He was upbeat about his prospects.

‘I have a real ambition to win the Superbike race of course, but I will also make every effort to be the fastest man around the Island on a Ducati 888.’

Team owner Stafford Evans was equally optimistic.

‘It’s a real honour to be able to replicate the Oxford team of 25 years ago. I actually think that with this bike and with James at the ‘bars, we have a real shot at bringing home the top prize. I am very excited.’

Hillier is no stranger to the TT course having visited the rostrum several times. These include a Lightweight TT win in 2013 and a 2nd place in the F1 Classic TT in 2014.  

[Image: hillieronoxfordbike2.jpg]
L to R: Stafford Evans (Team Owner, Celeres Racing), James Hillier and Andrew Hammond (Managing Director, Oxford Products). 

30-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Website Find Reply