CRUTCHLOW ENDS THE GERMAN GP IN TENTH PLACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW ENDS THE GERMAN GP IN TENTH PLACE
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda rider Cal Crutchlow endured a frustrating German Grand Prix as he had to settle for a tenth placed finish at the Sachsenring on Sunday. The Briton had high hopes heading into the race having qualified on the second row, but saw his possibilities of contending for the podium ended by a front tyre grip problem. 

Starting from fourth on the grid, Crutchlow was struck down by the issue with his front tyre early on which left him having to manage the situation rather than pushing to get away with the lead group. It was HRC factory rider Marc Marquez who claimed his eighth straight victory at the German circuit in the last race before the summer break.

[Image: crutchlowracegermany.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow - (10th – 41’23.735) 

“I am quite disappointed and I’m glad it’s over. We had a front tyre grip issue, the team is investigating the problem but what we know so far is that the front tyre pressure went too high after few laps”.

“I had to slow down, I had to ride alone if I wanted to finish the race. I nearly went down two or three times on those first laps, but I managed to pass Valentino (Rossi) and if I could have stayed ahead I’m confident I could have ridden to my own rhythm. But I finished tenth and we are looking forward to the next race”.

02-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Website Find Reply