One-way Mountain Road talks after festival
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: One-way Mountain Road talks after festival
I'm with splashdown - I once marshalled at the Gooseneck at the TT - came up the hibernia back road in my lwb van couldn't turn round so waited for the convoy - got back to Glenlough too late for anything. Another time on a bike I got to KFC in Douglas at 8.30pm in the wet and the lovely polish serving girl said she wasn't allowed to cook any more chicken in case it was wasted, there were 5 of us there all wanting chicken but she wouldn't cook it - went to McDonalds and they had run out of Bread buns ended up with a Ginsters Cornish Pasty! Never Marshalled on the mountain again!

I'm not sure that the one way makes things safer - haven't noticed the manx getting worse for accidents - The TT is carnage now with the one way system - should make it two way and put spikes and barbed wire on the outside of every corner, for me now theres no fun doing a lap even if you can manage it without some superhero wiping you out, personally they should have it 2 way with a 50 limit and no overtaking.  Mind you does anyone else have difficulty going the 'wrong' way round the course? Its just odd.
Perhaps for a laugh they should run the TT  the wrong way round just once wonder what the lap record would be?
04-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One-way Mountain Road talks after festival - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 04-09-2017, 07:01 PM