ISLE OF MAN STEAM PACKET COMPANY PASSENGERS DONATE £11,000 TO MGP CHARITY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ISLE OF MAN STEAM PACKET COMPANY PASSENGERS DONATE £11,000 TO MGP CHARITY
[Image: MGPchequeSept.jpg]

The Manx Grand Prix Supporters Club has received a significant donation thanks to the generosity of passengers on Steam Packet Company sailings during the 2017 Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling.

Crew on both Manannan and Ben-my-Chree coordinated collections throughout the festival and kind-hearted passengers donated £11,001.47.

The Club makes a large contribution towards the cost of hiring the two rescue helicopters required for the Manx Grand Prix, as well as assisting injured riders and families of those that are lost while competing, and the money will support its ongoing work.

Club Chairman Allan Brew said:

‘I would like to thank the crew, staff and management of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, as well as all those generous passengers who donated, for raising such a wonderful amount for the Manx Grand Prix Supporters Club.

‘Over the past four decades the Club has donated a huge amount to the Manx Motor Cycle Club to help with the costs of the rescue helicopters, helping injured MGP riders and providing essential medical equipment. The efforts of the Steam Packet Company crews and the kindness of passengers over the years has had an important impact on our ability to support these causes and we thank everyone involved.’

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward added:

‘The generosity of our passengers year after year is humbling and shows just how much support there is for the MGPSC and the work it does. I would like to personally thank every member of crew and staff involved in coordinating the collections, as well as everyone who so generously donated.’

[Image: steampackethdr.jpg]
15-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Website Find Reply