Repsol Honda Team head to Aragón leading the Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Repsol Honda Team head to Aragón leading the Championship
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

The Repsol Honda Team are on their way to the ultra-modern facility of MotorLand Aragón after regaining the Championship lead two weeks ago at Misano, where Marc Marquez won his fourth race of the season.

The Gran Premio de Aragón is round 14 of the 2017 MotoGP season, which continues to be one of the tightest ever. With only five races remaining, Marc is equal on points with Andrea Dovizioso at the top, and Maverick Viñales is pursuing the co-leaders at a deficit of just 16 points, while Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa are 42 and 49 points down on the top, respectively.

At the Gran Premio de Aragón

Marc Marquez has 3 wins—1xMoto2 (2011), 2xMotoGP (2013, 2016)—plus 1 podium and 6 pole positions.
Dani Pedrosa has 1 win in MotoGP (2012), plus an additional 3 podiums.

Marc Marquez  93

“This Championship is amazing, so close! At Misano we returned to the top of the Championship, equal on points with Dovi, and our other title rivals aren’t far away at all. The last five races will be very intense and hard-fought; we must keep working hard. I’m happy to go to Aragon this weekend. This is one of my favourite tracks on the calendar, and we’ll try to give 100% in front of our home fans and fight for the victory like we did at Misano. We’ll push from FP1 until the last lap of the race!”
Dani Pedrosa  26

“It was a disappointing weekend in Misano two weeks ago but we’ve already put it behind us and are looking forward to the next race in Aragon. We know that we can be much faster if we are able to have positive practice sessions, finding a good setup for our bike and making the tyres work as best as possible for us. I really enjoy going to Aragon and I'm looking forward to racing in front of my fan club and my home crowd. I hope the weather will be kind to us and I can be in the battle for the podium again!"

Motorland Aragon

An ultra-modern facility, MotorLand Aragón had its roots firmly established thanks to a solid history of street racing in Alcañiz, which hosted events between 1963 and 2003. Safety advice warning against the continuation of this led to the proposal and construction of a sporting complex dedicated to motorsport.

With support from local institutions, renowned German architect Hermann Tilke was commissioned to design the facility. The circuit, which is 5.077km long and has 17 turns, was roundly praised by riders after its first Grand Prix in 2010, and it was rewarded with the IRTA Best Grand Prix of the Year award, the first time a circuit had received the prize in its debut year.

Length - 5.078 kilometres / 3.155 miles
Width - 15 metres
Left corners - 10
Right corners - 7
Longest straight - 0.968 kilometres / 0.601 miles
Constructed - 2009

Circuit Records

Pole Position - 1m 46.635s (171.4Km/h) Marc Marquez (Honda, 2015)
Race Lap - 1m 48.120s (169.0Km/h) Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha, 2015)
Race Time - 41m 44.933s (167.8 km/h) Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha, 2015)
2016 Race Winner - Marc Marquez (Honda)

[Image: aragoncircuitmap.jpg]
19-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply