CRUTCHLOW TOP HONDA ON GRID AT MOTORLAND ARAGON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW TOP HONDA ON GRID AT MOTORLAND ARAGON
[Image: lcrhondahdr.jpg]

LCR Honda MotoGP rider Cal Crutchlow will start Sunday’s Aragon Grand Prix from the second row of the grid after an impressive qualifying performance in north-eastern Spain. The British rider has looked in good form all weekend at the technical Motorland track, and backed up his promise with an excellent fourth place in the 15-minute shootout.

Crutchlow was almost caught out on his fast lap, riding closely behind his factory Honda colleague Marc Marquez as the Spaniard slipped out at turn 12, however he kept his cool to set a best time of 1’47.830. That means he starts the race as the top Honda rider on the grid, and is hopeful of fulfilling his pre-event aims of challenging for the podium spots.

[Image: crutchlowaragonquali.jpg]

#35 Cal Crutchlow – 4th (1’47.830)

“Of course, I would have preferred the front row but I was just not close enough and tried my absolute best as always. I took advantage of Marc being in front of me, but then he crashed. I’d wanted to get a slipstream off him on the back straight, and it was the only reason I followed him because I knew it would give me one and a half tenths in a straight line. Then he crashed before the back straight, so it’s his fault I didn’t take the pole position!

“Seriously though, I am happy. We did a good job but we also have to give credit to the riders on the front row. Tomorrow we look forward to a good race and what will be a great battle - I think there will be six or seven riders able to be competitive at the front, and I’m not sure if Andrea Dovizioso will be one of them. We have to take advantage of this as much as possible.

“Let’s see, anything can happen tomorrow. I think it’s possible to be in the top five and aim for the podium. We have to get away with the front guys, and then see what happens.”
23-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Website Find Reply