Team Benjie Racing - Jurby Finale
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Benjie Racing - Jurby Finale
[Image: teambenjie.jpg]

So now it's beginning to sink in a bit I best let you all know how it went !!!

Very tricky conditions and several delays later we finally got a qualifying session in which went well got 2nd in class,

Then came the announcement that due to the weather were only gonna get 1 race in which was brilliant news as that ment I had the championship won so was nice and relaxed and looking forward to tootling round and getting the signature for the day, BUT,,,,

About 30 mins before my race they made another announcement that because it's only one race double points are on offer meaning the championship could be won or lost in this one race in very tricky conditions and not on full wet tyres to be honest I feared the worst,

Finally got a decent start for the first time this year but then lost my 2nd place to my championship rival who then started to gap me I did try and work out the maths but was otherwise engaged in trying to see thru the rain, avoid the standing water and not falling off that I lost my sensible head and went racing !!! caught up and then passed him put in a solid lap looked behind and he was a decent gap behind so rolled it off and brought it home 2nd in class to take the championship which considering it's my first full season is a massive achievement, there might not be to many in my class but you have to be out there to get the points on the board I've learned a shed load this year and fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards for next season.

Would now like to thank everyone for all they have done to help or support over the season and am really sorry if I miss anybody out firstly Mike Cain and Yvonne Gurnett for the chance to go racing in the first place Anne Cain for being there despite everything I've been putting you through dad and Pauline for coming to support me also thanks to dad and Reynolds and turner for the go faster paint Terry Boyd for the continued support over the year with the fuel vouchers and generator Mike C Cowin Kevin Ago Murphy and mike Babs brew for the help on the spanners over the year there is so many more people who have chipped in along the way I know I've not mentioned you but the list is endless so much love to each and everyone of you.

Here's to tonight's party [Image: 1f37e.png]🍾[Image: 1f37a.png]🍺[Image: 1f377.png]🍷[Image: 1f942.png]🥂[Image: 1f37b.png]🍻 fingers crossed we see you all in 2018 x

[Image: daveygravycainchamp.jpg]

Congratulations Davey on a cracking first season result.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2017, 12:14 PM by Malcolm.)
25-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Website Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Team Benjie Racing - Jurby Finale
Thanks Malcolm for all your help this year,
We both are not that good at doing the press release side of things, but with your help it has shown Team Benjie Racing off to a bigger audience,

Endurance to come next, and maybe a trip to Cadwell for Davey,,

Many thanks to everyone for all the kind words and show of support this year,
Now do I convert the 600 ZXR for him next ! Lol

Mike, Yvonne And Davey and all at Team Benjie Racing,
25-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Find Reply