Lintin and Dafabet Devitt Racing complete domestic road racing season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: rcdafabethdr.jpg]

Ivan Lintin and the Dafabet Devitt Racing team completed their domestic road racing season at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough at the weekend and it proved to be a successful meeting for the Bristol-based outfit with a number of top class results.

There was a damp start to proceedings on Saturday after heavy overnight rain left the 2.43-mile tree-lined circuit in a tricky condition but by the time the first race, the first leg of the Supersport 600cc, came under starters, the sun had broken through. A number of damp patches still remained under the trees but, despite having to start from deep on the grid, Ivan opened his account with a strong ride into fourth place.

Switching to the Super Lightweight class, Ivan then took a start to finish victory on the Kawasaki ER6 650cc machine, winning by five seconds from similarly mounted Adam McLean. With little respite for Ivan and the team, the 8-lap Open race soon followed although the Bardney-based rider found himself down in eighth after two laps. With overtaking always difficult around the narrow road circuit, he managed to work his way up to sixth at the chequered flag.

The final race of a busy day was the Senior, also held over eight laps, and on this occasion Ivan and the Kawasaki ZX-10R were locked in battle with Daley Mathison throughout, the duo disputing second place. Try as he might, Ivan was unable to find a way past and he had to settle for third after eight hard fought laps, albeit only 0.2s adrift.

Sunday saw perfect sunny conditions and the second Supersport 600cc race saw a thrilling dice between Ivan, Dean Harrison, James Cowton and Adam McLean. It looked like the 32-year would clinch another podium position but McLean had other ideas and pushed him back to fourth on the final lap.

Having qualified in pole position, Ivan was eagerly looking forward to the feature International Gold Cup race, as well as his three other races but, unfortunately, two serious incidents resulted in racing being abandoned for the day at 3pm.

[Image: ivanlintinscarboro.jpg]

Ivan Lintin:

“It’s been a mixed weekend in terms of the weather and a number of unfortunate incidents which affected the race programme so I wish all the injured parties a speedy recovery. On the racing side of things, I’m pretty pleased with my results although having qualified on pole, it’s a shame the Gold Cup race was cancelled. I felt like we made good progress with the ZX-10R over the course of the two days and whilst it’s taken a bit longer than I would have liked, I’ve gelled with it more and more throughout the year. The 600cc races were as hard as always but I was pleased to equal my personal best lap on a Supersport machine and it was nice to get another win on the Supertwin. I’m looking forward now to Macau and ending the year with a strong result.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-owner:

“Ivan was there or thereabouts all weekend and he picked up some good, solid results including another win on the Supertwin. The weather conditions made it a bit tricky on Saturday morning but as the track dried out, Ivan got into his stride and had a good weekend. With a podium in Saturday’s Senior race and then pole position for the Gold Cup race, I think he could have had a real good go in the big bike races on Sunday when conditions were perfect but it wasn’t to be. Our domestic season has ended on a positive note and we can look forward to Macau now whilst I wish everyone injured this weekend well.”

The team have one more race in 2017 with the Macau Grand Prix taking place on November 16-18.

Pictures by Stephen Davison – Pacemaker Press International
26-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply