Tony Scott R.I.P.
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Tony Scott R.I.P.
It is with great sadness I received a phone call this morning from Steve Scott, Tony's son, to say that the great man had passed away last night.
Tony Scott was probably the finest engine tuner of his generation, whose fame spread across the world. He was acknowledged in Japan as instrumental in taking the RC30 to an almost unbeatable position in World Superbike and the TT.
He skill and dedication forwarded the careers of the likes of Terry Rymer, Carl Fogarty, Philip McCallen, Steve Hislop, Joey Dunlop and many others.
I was privileged to have known him as a friend, and to have worshipped at the shrine of "the Mad Dentist", as I always called him. He certainly provided me with some fantastic engines, and I so admired the depth of his knowledge, and his attention to detail.
My sympathy goes to his family, in particular his widow Marjorie, he will be sadly missed.
16-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Tony Scott R.I.P.
A great engine tuner, you are right about his abilities with the RC30 engines, he will be sadly missed.
17-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Tony Scott R.I.P.
Know well what you mean Nick, if you didn't have a Scott motor you'd be at a disadvantage Tony did the motors for my late mate Ian Young, I had the same close friendship with my 2-stroke engine preparer - I ended up working for him. A big part of the memories go with them but without them you'd have much lesser memories of racing ... best rgds Alfie.
22-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Find Reply