Horst Saiger switches to Yamaha for Isle of Man TT Races campaign
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Horst Saiger switches to Yamaha for Isle of Man TT Races campaign
[Image: pressreleasehdr2018.jpg]

Horst Saiger and the Saiger Racing team will switch to Yamaha to compete in the 2018 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy and the other international Road Racing meetings, after Saiger reached an agreement with the Swiss Yamaha Importer ‘Hostettler.’

Saiger will ride Yamaha R6, R1 Superbike and R1 Superstock machinery prepared by Mandy Kainz from the Yamaha Austria Racing Team (‘YART’) with whom Saiger has a long racing history. 2018 will be an anniversary season as Hostettler will be celebrating 50 years of bringing Yamaha motorbikes to Switzerland.

Hostettler have a long and outstanding history not only in Switzerland but racing generally. Names to have represented the company include Rodney Gould who, in addition to the 1970 250cc World Championship, secured two runner up places in the Isle of Man TT Races in 1970 and 1972. Other names who have raced in the Hostettler colours include Michael Frutschi, Jacque Cornu, Roland Freymond, Bruno Kneubühler and sidecar competitors Rolf Biland / Kurt Waltisperger.

Saiger made his TT Mountain Course debut in 2013, finishing the second fastest newcomer behind Josh Brookes and he achieved his highest placed finish of tenth in the 2017 RL360 Quantum Superstock TT Race.

The team will launch the bikes at the Swiss Moto Zurich show (22nd - 25th February 2018).

[Image: saigerswoptoyamaha1.jpg]

Saiger will also be returning to his roots, having spent 10 years riding Yamaha machinery in the past.

"I rode as an instructor at the Yamaha Riding Academy of Hostettler and was able to get a first glimpse of the Yamaha YZF-R1 at the race track of Aragon. I was immediately convinced by the unique engine concept as well as the super sporty R1 in general – I fell heavily in love with this motorbike, when returning to home.”

He continued:

“I am now looking forward to my 2018 season, which will start with the NW200. Further confirmed dates are the Isle of Man TT, which is my main highlight, and Macau. Unfortunately the Terlicko Road Racing meeting clashes with the Endurance World Championship at Oschersleben and I wont be able to compete there. But I am still hoping to make my return to the Ulster GP and I am considering a detour to Frohburg as well.”
09-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Website Find Reply