Eddie Christian (Sulby Glen Hotel) - R.I.P.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Eddie Christian (Sulby Glen Hotel) - R.I.P.
It is with great regret that I have to inform you, that I have just heard the following very sad news.

Eddie Christian (former Chief Sector Marshal Sector 7) and husband of Rosemary Christian from the Sulby Glen Hotel, has passed away after being taken into hospital on Monday the 8th of January.

I take this opportunity on behalf of all who use TTwebsite to extend our deepest sympathy at this very sad time, to Rosemary, family and friends.

R.I.P Eddie
14-01-2018, 02:44 AM
Website Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Eddie Christian (Sulby Glen Hotel) - R.I.P.
I'm really sad to read this, Christine and myself were part of his team, marshalling at Sulby village. He was a bit of a character, offering support when we needed it, and will be sadly missed.

R.I.P Eddie.
14-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
So sorry to hear this news. I am usually flag marshal at Sulby Bridge and the road closed indication to us was Eddie coming down the road to join us. He spent most of the races at Sulby Bridge because it allowed him access to other points in his sector if he was ever needed. We wil all miss him even though he had just finished as Chief Sector marshal. Unfortunately this is the second loss of one of Sulby Bridges long serving team in the past few months.
14-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 124
Very sad news indeed, sorry to hear it.

We marshal at Laurel Bank 2 and most of our post marshalling evenings involved a 'belt' on our vintage bikes up to the Sulby as we knew we would always get a warm welcome and good food from the most marshal friendly pub we have found in the area!

I hope Eddie's support of motorcycling is remembered as 'Caleys' was from the other recent sad loss over the road.

My condolences to the family and friends
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
16-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
Eddie marshaled for 55 consecutive years before he retired. His contribution won't be forgotten easily.

Funeral is at Ballaugh on 24 Jan @ 1145.
16-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
BRADDAN OAK Offline

Threads: 21
Sorry to hear bad news, Rest in peace Eddie,

19-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Find Reply