Jamie Coward joins Team Penz13 BMW Motorrad Motorsport
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Coward joins Team Penz13 BMW Motorrad Motorsport
[Image: 2018presshdr.jpg]

West Yorkshire rider Jamie Coward will complete the line-up for Penz13 BMW Motorrad, the German based racing team, for the 2018 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy and the other International Road Race meetings.

Coward enjoyed notable success at the 2017 Isle of Man TT Races including an 8th placed finish in the RL360 Quantum Superstock TT Race as well as podiums at the Southern 100 and Classic TT presented by Bennetts.

Coward will team up with Derek Sheils and Danny Webb in the Penz13 team for the 2018 roads campaign which will start in May in the Czech Republic at the ‘300 Curves of Gustav Havel’ meeting in Horice. The meeting is internationally known as the “small TT” and the team considers it the perfect track for Coward to prepare for the TT.

The team believes that with the same BMW S1000RR as Webb and Sheils, Coward has the ability to improve his lap times around the Mountain Course and achieve top ten results consistently.

Coward will also race in the Macau Grand Prix as a newcomer, which has always been on his bucket list.

[Image: jamiecoward1.jpg]

Coward said:

”After a great season with Radcliffe Racing I felt confident that we could built on that for 2018 but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be so I am really pleased that the Penz13 team called. With their experience in international road racing as well as in the endurance World Championship I’m confident that they will provide me with the machinery to build on my experience and times to date.

He continued:

“I believe that 130mph+ is a realistic target and with Derek and Danny in the team we will complement each other well. I am really looking forward to testing the bikes in February when we hit the track in Cartagena for the first time.”

Riko Penzkofer, Team Penz13 BMW Motorrad Motorsport team manager said:

“From the beginning it was clear we want to enter the international road races with a 3-rider line up and when we heard of Jamie’s situation we contacted him immediately and put a deal together. His experience around the mountain course will also benefit the rest of the team and it is already looking like a promising season ahead.”

[Image: penz13logo.jpg]
[Image: bmw-motorradlogo1.jpg]
25-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply