Productive three-day test for the Repsol Honda Team concludes in Malaysia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Productive three-day test for the Repsol Honda Team concludes in Malaysia
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

The Repsol Honda Team concluded a positive first test of 2018 in Malaysia, with Dani Pedrosa second-fastest with a best lap time of 1’59.009” and reigning World Champion Marc Marquez just over 3 tenths of a second behind him in seventh place, with a best lap of 1’59.382”.

The Repsol Honda men made the best of a day blessed by bright sunshine, each completing (among their other work) one 15-lap long run. Dani’s was in the late morning, and Marc’s was after lunch, around the usual race time.

Over the three days, Marc completed a total of 194 laps, Dani 170, collecting useful information for the HRC engineers and the team who will now prepare for the next test, scheduled at the new-entry track in Buriram, Thailand, 16-18 February.

[Image: pedrosaday3sepang.jpg]

Dani Pedrosa - 2nd 1’59.009 (on lap 9 of 58)

“I think we had a positive final day, and a positive test in general here in Sepang. The team did a very good job, as we correctly planned the work schedule for each day. Today we put together all the best aspects from the previous two days and worked on our speed, improving our fast lap and our pace, and completing a long run of almost race distance on a good rhythm. We worked on the engine, aerodynamics, suspension, and tyres—both soft and hard specs. You could say we addressed more or less every area of the setup, and we got a good general feeling and collected a lot of data. We have to analyse everything more thoroughly, but the feeling was there. Now we look forward to confirming everything on other tracks.”

Marc Marquez - 7th 1’59.382 (on lap 9 of 75)

“Today I feel very happy because we worked hard and quite well. We even did a long run of 15 laps around three o’clock, when the temperature on track was very high, and our pace was good. In the afternoon we kept trying different things and ultimately didn’t really make a time attack, but I felt very good on the bike. We need to check the new aerodynamics better, and on another circuit, as we want to make the right choice. On the other hand, I think we did a great job on the engine, even if we’re still not at 100 per cent with the setting. Generally speaking, I think Dani, Cal [Crutchlow], and I were working in slightly different ways, and we gathered a lot of information that will be useful for Honda to prepare a good base.”

30-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Website Find Reply