Jorge Lorenzo ends official MotoGP test at Sepang at the top of the timesheets.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso fourth quickest at the Malaysian circuit

The first official MotoGP test of 2018 concluded this afternoon at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. In the morning Jorge Lorenzo lapped in a time of 1’58.830 to establish an unofficial new track record, and the Spaniard ended the day, and the three-day test, at the top of the timesheets. Andrea Dovizioso also put in a good performance today with a time of 1’59.169, which propelled him to fourth place both today and in the combined standings.

The two factory Ducati riders today focussed mainly on notching up the laps on their Desmosedici GP 2018 machines and, despite both having harmless crashes late in the morning, they were able to successfully finish the work programme defined with their respective teams.

The MotoGP field will be back on track from 16th to 18th February in the second official test session of 2018, for the first time in Thailand, at the Buriram circuit,.

[Image: lorenzoday3sepang.jpg]

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 1’58.830 (1st - 48 laps today)

“I leave Sepang very satisfied with the work that we have done over the last three days, not only because of the time that I set today, but also because I’m convinced that many aspects of the bike have improved since last year. Now I feel it’s better adapted to my riding style and I feel more at home when I’m riding it, but we still have to understand a few things to be able to get the best out of its potential. We are only at the start of the year but the sensations are already good and now it will be important to confirm them in the next test in Thailand.”

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – 1’59.169 (4th - 51 laps today)

“These were three very interesting days of testing and we go away from Sepang with really good feelings. This morning’s crash complicated today’s programme a bit, but in the end we went out again for another run with the Desmosedici GP17 and were able to compare some data that confirmed the improvements of the new bike, especially in mid-corner. To be honest I didn’t expect such a clear improvement in this first test, and now we have to confirm that we are on the right path at the next tracks we go to.”

(This post was last modified: 31-01-2018, 01:01 PM by Malcolm.)
31-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Website Find Reply