Best Road Meeting for Newbeginners
Kisian Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Best Road Meeting for Newbeginners
Good afternoon, and thank you for reading. 

As the title might have given away I am brand new to road racing. I have been a huge fan since early childhood but I now at the age of 20
Do have the opportunity to take my roadracing license. However, before any RR-veterans starts complaining about me wanting to go head first into road racing from the start, I'd like for you to know that this is not the case. Therefore I have a few questions regarding the transition from circut racing to actual road racing. 

- I know this is mostly performance based, but since i'm getting my RR-license this summer, how many years of circut racing is recommended for me to do before eventually hitting the road? I'm not necessarily speaking about the Manx GP, but I have bigger interests in competing in smaller races in the beginning, such as Oliver's Mount, Southern 100 and Armoy Road Races.

- After riding/competing for x amount of years and I feel competitive enough to start racing on the roads, which road races do you recommend for people starting out with these type of races? Mind you that I do live in Norway, but have no problem travelling around the UK and Europe in general.

- Is there any other tips or information I should know about? I'm thinking about riding the 600cc bikes but if it takes less time for me to ride smaller bikes on the road than the big bikes, then I'll gladly do that for the sake of building experience.

Again, thank you for reading and I do appreciate all answers/criticism, good, bad and/or constructive.
31-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Best Road Meeting for Newbeginners
You will need a National licence to compete on the roads, which means you will already have a reasonable amount of experience by the time you attain this.

After that it's really down to when you feel ready to give it a go, generally the roads tend to have a natural steadying influence on your riding, certainly I remember my first visit to Scarborough as a rider and I was in no doubt after practice that I couldn't afford to get anything seriously wrong!!

Hope this helps.
31-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
Kisian,
Welcome to the best website going when it comes to roads knowledge,
As you will find out over time,

Have tried to write something back to you regarding your question, but my brain is tired,,
So will do so tomorrow,
Iam going to blame it on the spray-paint fumes doing a crash helmet ! Honest,

Benjies Dad
31-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
im no racer
but id say start with some of the irish stuff and maybe try pick something with a good spread of races so you have plenty of time to make friends in the paddock and learn from them
events like north west 200,ulster gp or olivers mount would be a bad start id say
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
31-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Find Reply