BMW back Seeley to continue his North West winning streak
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BMW back Seeley to continue his North West winning streak
[Image: seeleywithtyco1.jpg]
Man and machine: Alastair Seeley with his new Tyco BMW Superbike for the North West

Alastair Seeley, the most successful rider in the history of the Vauxhall International North West 200 with 21 victories, has dispelled doubts over his re-appearance on the grid for 2018 by confirming he will race Tyco BMWs in the Superbike and Superstock races at this year's event on May 13-19.

This will be the 38-year old's seventh season racing under the banner of Philip and Hector Neill's TAS Racing team and Seeley has his sights firmly set on Superbike glory.

"I am more motivated than ever for this year because I want to get back on the top step of the podium in the feature Superbike race," the Carrickfergus man said.

"Every race is important, and I want to win every race I start, but it would be nice to get a win in the big one again."

Seeley won four races at last year's North West but was narrowly beaten by his friend and fellow Carrickfergus resident Glenn Irwin in the feature Superbike race.

Fans recently voted their thrilling duel the Race of the Year in the 2017 Cornmarket Bike awards

"It won't be easy because there are so many riders racing at the North West now who compete in the British championship and that means they are coming to Portrush sharp, fit and with good race craft," Seeley said.

"But I am training hard and working with the Tyco BMW team again means that very little has to change for us."

The TAS Racing team has won an incredible 26 races at the North coast event with half of those victories coming with Seeley in the saddle.

"The team knows what works for me and they produce good bikes," Seeley said.

Tyco BMW boss, Phillip Neill replied:

"We have won a lot of races together which speaks for itself.

"Alastair is a huge part of the TAS Racing success story at the North West 200. He is part of the furniture now in the best possible way!"

Welcoming the continuing partnership, North West Event Director Mervyn Whyte said:

"Alastair Seeley had a phenomenal run of success at last year's North West 200 and it is great to have him back again with Tyco BMW for 2018.

"Together they make a very strong combination."

Seeley will also ride EHA Yamahas in both Supersport races at this year's North West, the official launch of which will take place on Wednesday, March 14 at The Vineyard in Coleraine with a Meet the Stars evening, open to the public.

TV presenters Clare McCollum, Stephen Watson and Adrian Logan will conduct question and answer sessions with top riders in attendance, while race fans will also have the opportunity to meet their favourites for photographs and autographs.

Amongst the rider line-up this year will be Alastair Seeley, Glenn Irwin, Dean Harrison, Lee Johnston, Ian Hutchinson, Horst Saiger and John McGuinness.

To apply for free tickets, visit the Vauxhall International North West 200 website at http://www.northwest200.org

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Stephen Davison
14-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Website Find Reply