COSTELLO ADDS CAR RACING TO 2018 SEASON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO ADDS CAR RACING TO 2018 SEASON
[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE, known for her motorcycle racing and TT successes, will be adding car racing to her already busy 2018 race schedule.

After a taste of four wheeled racing at last year’s Silverstone Classic, Maria has signed up to compete in the Historic Racing Drivers’ Club, running the HDRC ‘Works’ Austin A30 Academy Car.

The HRDC series boasts an action-packed calendar, visiting several circuits across England as well as visiting the prestige Goodwood. The Championship hosts cars varying from historic Touring and GT cars to Jaguar and Austin Saloons and is always popular with racing fans.

As an Ambassador for the club she will be encouraging more female drivers to join the famous series. The MBE from Northants is more at home on two wheels and more recently three but she is certainly up for the challenge of switching to four wheels this season, revealing that she “simply fell in love with the friendly ambience that seems to surround all the HDRC racers”.

Maria, confident in the team and people around her, is aiming to be competitive in her new venture, expressing “I hope I can do the little car justice and will do as many HDRC events as my bike commitments allow, thank you to Julius Thurgood and the HRDC for this fantastic opportunity!”. Maria’s first race in the HDRC will be on April 1 at Silverstone.

To follow Maria’s progress, including details of upcoming events, please visit her website: http://www.costelloracing.com

[Image: mariacar-racingpromo.jpg]

[Image: hrdclogo.jpg]
15-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Website Find Reply