Bruce Anstey
meridian Offline

Threads: 1
Bruce Anstey
Just wanted to say how sad I am to hear about Bruce's illness today, and his resultant absence from the 2018 Road Racing Series...

I cannot visit the IOM this year due to personal family reasons but would like to say (my words as posted on my business Facebook page, and my own business website).......

'Bruce Anstey...............

Recent news reports suggest that Bruce Anstey is not very well, and will not be competing during the 2018 Road Racing Season....

Having been to the IOM TT during 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and having seen Bruce compete, I say......

'Get well soon Bruce. You're an absolute legend, a word used all so often nowadays, but in your case absolutely true. A rider of immense ability, and an absolute unique character. It's incredulous how laid back you are, and, even more so, how little (i.e none) preparation you make before nailing the Mountain Course each year. A wonderful, talented man, with no edge, and a supreme modesty regarding your almost superhuman ability on a motorcycle. I am very sad to read today of your illness, and wish you all the very best. One of the (bestest) good guys'...

See you in 2019 Bruce......'

ATB Damon
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 09:38 PM by meridian.)
10-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Bruce Anstey
Absolute sickener. Where has this come from. Love Bruce, brilliant bloke round the paddock. All the best mate. Hope to see you giving it some next year.
10-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Bruce Anstey
Terrible news. Top rider and a man no one has a bad word to say about, keep your chin up Bruce.
11-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Find Reply