Savadori into Superpole 2 at Assen as Giugliano makes progress
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Savadori into Superpole 2 at Assen as Giugliano makes progress
[Image: milwaukeehdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Aprilia secured a successive Superpole 2 entry at Assen with Lorenzo Savadori while stand-in rider Davide Giugliano continues to improve

With hot and sunny weather persisting all week Friday's Free Practice sessions gave the rider's good conditions to run in, with track temperature's reaching 37 degrees in the afternoon.

The morning FP1 session saw Lorenzo finish P12 and Davide P17, with the entire field covered by 3.5s. A minor crash for Lorenzo at Turn 8 brought out the red flags, but the session was restarted shortly after and both riders headed straight back out. Davide, in only his fifth Free Practice session on the Aprilia, initially struggled to find a set-up to allow him to push for a fast lap time but was able to gather useful data for a push in the afternoon.

The field closed up in the afternoon's FP2 session, and riders experimented with qualifying set-ups as the track rubbered in. The Milwaukee Aprilia riders both showed impressive speed, Lorenzo ending the session in a strong P5 just 0.411s of P1, with Davide an improving P14 just over 1s from the top.

FP3 again saw the field push hard and lap times drop, Lorenzo making it into the 1'35 minute lap times and ending the session P9, 08s from P1. Davide also set his best lap in the session, finding nearly 0.2s over his previous best.

Free Practice 4 begins on Saturday 21st at 08:45 local time (GMT +1) ahead of Superpole 1 at 10:30, Superpole 2 at 10:55 and Race 1 at 13:00.

[Image: savadoriassen1.jpg]

Lorenzo Savadori #32 - Aprilia RSV4-RF

FP1: 1'37.240 - P12
FP2: 1'36.041 - P5
FP3: 1'35.950 - P9

Combined result: 1'35.950 - P9 :  Superpole 2 automatic entry

"It was a positive day in general for us. We did a lot of work on making the bike turn better, and also a lot on the race pace. I'm not sure what happened in my crash in FP1. It was strange because I lost the rear with no warning, so we need to investigate this.

FP3 was a good session and I was in P5 for most of it, but when it was time to push hard for lap time we had an issue with the bike and that lost me the chance to set a quicker lap.

There is work for us to do tonight and we know the areas to improve on. The bike is feeling good and of course the track is quite technical to set-up, but I'm confident we can make a step tomorrow."

Davide Giugliano #34 - Aprilia RSV4-RF

FP1: 1'37.744 - P17
FP2: 1'36.726 - P14
FP3: 1'36.545 - P14

Combined result: 1'36.545 - P15 :  Superpole 1 entry

"It was difficult for me today to be honest, but the bike is still very new to me and there are new things that I need to try with it. It was a very useful day me of course and the Assen track is a good challenge.

I tried to push hard but I was not 100% comfortable, so we made some changes and I was happier with it. The weather has been good too and this helped us to make a good amount of laps.

Tomorrow for sure we can be faster. The bike was feeling better for me today lap by lap, my lap times dropped and with some hard work tonight we will be in a stronger position."

20-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Website Find Reply