Viewing points - Advice please
Gleesy Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Viewing points - Advice please
Thanks once again for all the information provided - it's a great help.

With regards to the top of Crosby and Gorse Lea, does anybody know anything about the availability of car parking near these 2 view points? More than happy to walk a fair bit if necessary, but just wondered if there was any parking available nearby? We're staying at Douglas Rugby Club, so not far at all from Crosby I suppose. Seen some cars parked in fields next to Crosby when watching some uploads, but hoping someone can give me a bit more info......
22-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Gorse Lea park in the field - you can also access/leave here on closed roads on the little narrow road which runs to/from from the Foxdale Road - check it out on google maps. Last time at Crosby was a few years ago and being older now sorry I can't recall exactly where we parked up, worst case you can park up down by the pub and walk up to the crest.
22-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

The track/road to access and leave Gorsre-lea  while races are on is on the right just coming out of lower foxdale. It is marked by a green board  which signs the local equestrian school. The road winds its way through a very posh housing estate to a field where you can park your bike.

kilbil
22-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I love watching from St Ninians, when they hit that bump by the traffic lights you get some crazy wheelies. I enjoyed Ballacraine as well hearing them trying to slow the bike down for the tight right hander, bottom of Bray Hill is a must especially if you've never been before, watching from where they come back out from Governers and on to Glencrutchery Road was surprisingly good as well.
23-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Just been past Crosby, there's a burger van in a big open gate field on right hand side at the crest, guessing parking will be in there ... cracking sunset at Peel too.
23-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
Nice to be called expert, try the conker tree's it's on the run out towards Ramsey plenty of room toilets and food they charge a couple of quid but the money will go to a good cause and you are quite close to the action.
23-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
Guy Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Attention TT2018 Section is now Open
Can anyone confirm new restrictions on spectating at the Gooseneck are actually correct as per this video?

I have read various comments about this with some saying these are actually restrictions leftover from the Manx Classic Rally and some saying they are actually in place for the TT.

Can anyone confirm this please as it looks like the only viable spot would now be behind the wall in the run into the Gooseneck?

Thank you.

https://youtu.be/VmvLg64ZaAQ?t=448
When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
24-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Find Reply