HALSALL RACING SUPPLIES DALEY MATHISON WITH SUPERSPORT BIKE FOR ISLE OF MAN TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HALSALL RACING SUPPLIES DALEY MATHISON WITH SUPERSPORT BIKE FOR ISLE OF MAN TT
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

The Movuno.com Halsall Racing team will have a presence at the 2018 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy after stepping in to offer roads racer Daley Mathison a bike.

The Stockton-based rider will pilot the squad’s Yamaha R6 in the Supersport races at this year’s event, after team owner Martin Halsall stepped up to help him out.

Mathison’s season was left in doubt after he parted company with Jackson Racing last month, and he will now run his BMW Superbike and Superstock bikes himself.

But he will also now line up on Halsall’s 600, which was initially purchased for William Dunlop last year.

Teenager Joe Francis went on to race it in the Dickies British Supersport Championship last season, and after a crash at Cadwell Park the machine was rebuilt almost from scratch and has only been raced once.

Now, the Bolton-based entrepreneur has decided to let Mathison race it at this year’s TT.

“I’ve known Daley for a while and he’s a great lad,” he said. “When I found out he was in a bit of a predicament with regards to the TT, I offered him our R6.

“I’ve always been a huge road racing fan and we’ve been keen to get involved for a few years, so it was the perfect opportunity for us.

“The bike was rebuilt from scratch with the best parts available and it’s just been sitting around unused. Bearing in mind we bought it for William to race on the roads last year, I think putting Daley on it now is perfect. We know he will give it everything he has and we’re looking forward to seeing how he gets on over the fortnight.”

[Image: mathisononhalsall1.jpg]

For Mathison, the R6 is a whole new experience but after a couple of tests at his local track, Croft, in the last fortnight, he’s excited about hitting the roads.

“I’ve not ridden an R6 before, and it feels great already,” he said. “It’s different to the Suzuki and Honda I’ve ridden in the past but in a good way, and I’m really looking forward to seeing how it goes on the Mountain Course.

“I’m incredibly grateful to Martin for giving me this opportunity to ride his bike. I’ve had the worst few weeks imaginable since leaving Jackson Racing and not knowing if I would even make it to the TT, but it’s starting to come together now.

“My own 600 was getting a bit old and I didn’t know if I was going to even be able to run, so it’s a huge relief and it’s fired me up to go out there and try and get the best result I possibly can for him and the team.”

The 2018 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy roars into action with the first full practice on Monday May 28.

Mathison’s first race on the Movuno.com Halsall Racing Supersport machine will be on Monday June 4 and the second on Wednesday June 6.

22-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Website Find Reply