Personal best laps and two top ten TT finishes for Lintin
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Personal best laps and two top ten TT finishes for Lintin
[Image: crazylegsPRhdr.jpg]

Ivan Lintin claimed two more top ten finishes at the Isle of Man TT races on Monday with the Dafabet Devitt Racing rider taking ninth and tenth respectively in the four-lap Superstock and Supersport races, also setting personal best laps in each.

Riding the Kawasaki ZX-6R, the morning’s Supersport race got proceedings underway where the Lincolnshire rider had posted the eighth fastest time during practice at 124.376mph and a solid opening lap of 123.134mph put him in twelfth place. Second time around, the 33-year old improved further still and a lap of 124.106mph enabled him to move up a spot to 11th.

A good pit stop and third lap saw him maintain his position and close to within 2.8s of tenth placed Derek McGee and he really flew on his final lap with a speed of 124.720mph, a personal best on the 600cc machine, allowing him to overhaul the Irish rider to take his second successive top ten finish at TT2018.

With less than two hours to go before the afternoon’s Superstock race, held over the same distance of four laps, there wasn’t much time to rest and an opening lap of 126.631mph saw him slot into 14th place on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.

From that moment on though, he continually moved forward with his second lap of 127.306mph moving him up the leaderboard to 12th. However, he saved the best until last and a superb final lap of 129.183mph, a new personal best lap around the 37.73-mile Mountain Course, elevated him to ninth place at the chequered flag to make it three top ten finishes from three races.

Ivan Lintin:

“It’s been a really good day and if someone had offered me two top ten finishes this morning, I’d have taken it there and then. The 600cc race went faultlessly and I was pleased to have lapped quicker than what I had done in practice and it could have been 125mph+ but for having to back off considerably for yellow flags over the Mountain.”

“In the Superstock race, Sam West caught me early on so I was happy to follow him as he was dragging me along through the twisty stuff along the bottom half of the course. When we got to the Mountain, I felt I could go quicker than him and after the pit stop, I managed to get ahead of him and push on. He caught me back up but I rode around the outside of him at Parliament Square on the last lap and had a real go over the Mountain so I was delighted to set a lap in excess of 129mph and finish ninth. It’s been a good day so a big thanks to the whole team.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-owner:

“It’s been an awesome day and with two top ten finishes from today’s two races, we couldn’t be happier. The Superstock race was especially pleasing as we fitted a new engine yesterday and after running it on the dyno, the first time it was used was when it went down Bray Hill on the first lap! It ran faultlessly and with another great pit stop, Ivan continued to move up the leaderboard and he was rewarded with an excellent ninth place and a superb 129mph+ lap.”

“The morning’s 600cc race went equally well with another personal best lap and piece by piece, everything is coming together this week. We certainly won’t be putting any pressure on Ivan but the magical 130mph lap isn’t far away and having finished in the top ten in every race, it’s a very happy team this evening.”

Ivan has another busy day on Wednesday with two more races taking place, the second Supersport race at 10.45am and the Lightweight at 2.10pm.

[Image: Lintin10thMonday.jpg]
Sweeping through Tower Bends on his way to tenth in the Supersport Race

[Image: LintinSuperestockMonday.jpg]
Ivan set his first ever 129mph+ lap in the Superstock race

Pictures by Pacemaker Press International
05-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Website Find Reply