JG Speedfit Kawasaki Strive for Podiums at Snetterton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki Strive for Podiums at Snetterton
[Image: jgspeedfitlogo.jpg]

Round four of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship takes place at the Snetterton 300 circuit this weekend (Friday 15th to Sunday 17th June) and the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are hungry for wins in the Superbike and Sidecar classes.

Currently sitting in the championship top spot thanks to a double win at Oulton Park in May and with 115 points on the leader board is Derbyshire-born Leon Haslam.

The ‘Pocket Rocket’ lived up to his name around the 2.69-mile circuit over 18 laps in both races during the early May Bank Holiday weekend, securing first place finishes and moving up to the top of the championship.

Meanwhile Luke Mossey, who is currently in 14th place in the championship, experienced a change of fortunes recently after achieving the fastest lap (1’48.008) during the official test at the Snetterton circuit.

The boost in morale comes just weeks after Oulton Park, where the Royston rider crashed at Druids during lap seven in race one and was forced to retire in race two because of a brake problem.

The weekend of racing at Snetterton will also include round 3 of the Hyundai Construction Equipment British Sidecar Championship in association with Molson.

Flying the flag for the Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki team are Portsmouth-born Ricky Stevens and Ryan Charlwood from Dover.

The pair, who are currently in eighth place after two rounds, will be looking to get back on the podium and improve on their latest third-place finish at Oulton Park.

[Image: haslampresnett.jpg]

Leon Haslam said:

“I’m really looking forward to Snetterton; it’s one of two circuits I’ve not won at and the only circuit I’ve not got on the podium with the Kawasaki, so I’m really keen to change that.

“As a course with long straights it suits some of the other manufacturers but I’m feeling confident this year. It’s the first time that we’ve participated in the official test and going into it injury-free, I’m keen to win the races.

“It’ll be good for the fans and I can’t wait to get there.”

Luke Mossey said:

“We’ve had a lot of bad luck and the new tyres have put us on the back foot. But, we recently had some testing time at Snetterton and it worked out really well – we came away fastest, so hopefully we can turn that into results this weekend.

“The team and I are still getting to know each other, and it’s new, so it’s a learning curve. We’ve never had bad luck like this before, but we’re on the right path, and I know we can turn it around and get a podium.”

Ryan Charlwood said:

“We’re itching to get back in the sidecar after a successful outing at Oulton Park in May.

“Unfortunately work commitments have kept us off the track for the last six weeks which isn’t ideal, but the engine has been refreshed ready for Snetterton – thanks to Andy Oakes Performance – and now we’re looking at a podium once again and certainly have an eye on the top step.”

Team Manager Jack Valentine added:

“With the TT and Roads firmly behind us we now have to concentrate on the BSB championship and both Leon and Luke are as determined as ever to get back to racing after the break.

“Leon is looking to extend his three race wins on the bounce and stamp his authority on his championship lead at a circuit he has never won at before, and Luke is planning to kick start his season at his home round and is full of confidence after a great test at the venue a few weeks ago.”

16-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Website Find Reply