Gutsy effort by Honda Racing duo in Snetterton qualifying
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gutsy effort by Honda Racing duo in Snetterton qualifying
[Image: hondalogobsb.jpg]

Qualifying for the fourth round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship took place this afternoon, with Honda Racing’s Dan Linfoot and Jason O’Halloran impressing throughout each stage aboard the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade as both return from injury.

Linfoot, who is making his return after a nine-week absence, effortlessly made it through each of the three qualifying stages. With quick times all-round, the final session saw the 29-year old finish sixth just 0.706 seconds off pole position. With his Fireblade showing good pace at the 2.99-mile circuit, he will start tomorrow’s opening BSB race from the second row of the grid. 

Meanwhile teammate O’Halloran impressed with his performance and just missed out on Q3, finishing Q2 in tenth place. Still walking on crutches after breaking his ankle just nine weeks ago, his performance on track remained impressive. ‘The O’Show’ missed out on the final stage by a mere 0.010 seconds and was only 0.343 seconds from the top spot. 

Honda’s duo will now prepare for tomorrow’s opening 16-lap British Superbike race, which is scheduled to take place at 1330, with race two at 1630 (BST).

[Image: linfootatsnett.jpg]

#4 -  Dan Linfoot 

That was my first qualifying since Donington Park and it felt good, to be honest I’ve felt good most of the weekend, I’m happy to be on the back of the second row in sixth place, especially as I haven’t ridden in nine weeks. What I am really pleased with is that I’m riding close to the limit again, I expected that maybe it would have taken a little longer to get near to that point, but I’m happy to be able to be pushing that fast already. I’ve got my eyes firmly on the races tomorrow and it will be difficult, but the key is to focus on race one, take what we can from that and then go into the second race.

#22 -  Jason O'Halloran 

I’m disappointed to miss out on Q3; I gave everything I had but at the minute I’m probably 60% off where I need to be. I tried so hard and the boys have once again given me a great bike, the CBR feels so good and I have no complaints there – I’m just struggling with the limit of where I am at the moment. I tried really hard at the end of Q2 to get through and I think we missed out by less than a tenth of a second! I’m pleased with the pace overall, we were 0.343s from the top in Q2, which is really good considering I’m carrying an injury. I’m not disappointed in our position, but I’m disappointed in what we could have done this weekend, I love riding here and to be that close with the injury just frustrates me. But, tomorrow is a new day and we have two long races ahead of us, I’ll obviously try the best I can and to score as many points as possible.

Havier Beltran -  Team Manager 

Overall I am really pleased with both riders and how they’re getting on this weekend, they are both a bit stiff and sore but that’s to be expected. I’m so impressed where they both are considering the amount of time Dan has had off the bike and Jason with his injury. They’re both confident with the package they have with the Fireblade and they are showing good race pace. I’m confident they can be strong in both races tomorrow and gather a handful of points. This round for us is about building and maintaining, I’m looking forward to seeing how they both get on.
16-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply