NEW LEASE OF LIFE FOR AUTO66
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NEW LEASE OF LIFE FOR AUTO66
[Image: auto66club.gif]

As you are aware we have had major problems. The first issue has been access to the web page. The second one of course is the problem at Scarborough.

If you have read the spring newsletter, Peter Hillaby has announced he be will retiring at the end of the year. Due to the amount of stress caused in the last three or four months he has been advised to take early retirement from the end of June. This will allow for him to go into hospital in July. A major factor in this decision is the stress endured by his wife Jan, brought on by false rumours circulating on social media of which 98% are completely wrong. We would prefer if people asked the Club directly for the true turn of events rather then just hearsay.

The true facts are simple which we will not we go in to now but the main factor was three years ago a well known sponsor was coming on board to sponsor all the meetings. The club was asked to spend all of its finances on updating the equipment. This seemed a very good deal at the time but unfortunately the guy in charged sadly died 3-4 weeks later leaving the club with very little finances.

At this moment we would like to thank all the members that have rallied around helping to organise things. Without this support I am afraid the club would not have survived.

Things are now slowly getting back to normal. Unfortunately we no longer have any paid staff so we are asking you to contact us by email if possible or call the office between 10 am- 12 pm Monday-Friday

What we need is all your help Marshall/Competitor wise for our next big meeting at Cadwell which includes cars, bikes, sidecars and karts We really would appreciate all the help we can get at this meeting! The next big meeting after Cadwell will be the Bank Holiday 25th/26th Battle of Britain meeting at Croft.

Regarding the hill climb at Scarborough taking place on the 19th of August. If Oliver’s Mount is not available we have another venue in mind so we would be grateful if you keep an eye on the web page.
26-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Website Find Reply
BrianW Offline

Threads: 1
RE: NEW LEASE OF LIFE FOR AUTO66
I genuinely wish them well, Olivers mount was the first bike races I ever attended, and I was there last September on that terrible Sunday. I hope this release is backed up by more information ie who is in charge, is it a true club now and what are the odds on getting OM back up and running ? I suspect it would need a serious backer and help from the ACU to appease Scarborough council. Good luck to them, and I hope to learn more of the revival plans soon.
26-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
My first bike races too (a win overall for Barry Sheene - upsetting the Mick Grant loyal crowd). 

I was going to have a rant about how loads of people are happy to stick the boot in on clubs (in all sports) but very few of these people are prepared to actually give up their time to volunteer and help.  But I think I'll just wish them well.  Bike racing needs Olivers mount.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
27-06-2018, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
There are plenty of people who would volunteer to get a club up and running. Just give them a chance.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2018, 12:50 AM by Malcolm.)
27-06-2018, 10:57 PM
Find Reply